Need to reflash 5870m back to working order (m17x r2)...

Heatshiver

I had two 5870m in CF on my m17x r2. I wanted to try the MSI vBIOS and it looks like it didn't work. I was able to get the slave back to working order, but the master won't budge.

What happens when the original Master card is in the slave slot:

1) No display.

2) System won't get pass Alienware logo (with option to boot into BIOS or Boot Settings). I know this as I can use an external display with the current Master card.

3) Can't go into BIOS or Boot Settings.

What I've tried:

1) I have tried a blind flash without success (it gets stuck at Alienware logo).

1) I have tried a blind flash with the card in the slave slot without success (it gets stuck at Alienware logo).

2) I have tried to first boot into DOS and then insert the card (system always freezes once card is inserted).

Possible options:

I have two other 5870 cards, but neither of them have the CF slot. Is there a way to get one of these cards to CF? Maybe some ghetto-taping solution? Or maybe somehow taking the CF slot from the defunct card and putting it on one of the new ones (not sure how I would go about doing this so any help is much appreciated)?

I don't think it's the heatsink as I used it to get the slave card working again (while the master used one of the non-CF cards)...

Thanks for any helps or suggestions!