PE4L-PM060A mini-pcie extender

cri-cri

My vaio SVZ have two mpcie port , one with a mpcie host , the other with a usb host.

I'm using the first for the egpu , but the second should be used for a wifi card , with usb host.

But i'm losing BT with the egpu , so i'm asking if it's possible to put a wifi+ bluetooth card with a pcie host and use the MM2U. Do you know if it's possible ? If the MM2U can support a half mpcie card with wifi and buletooth and with an mpcie host (like centrino 6235) and can support the usb host of the motherboard ? I'm asking the uestion with this picture :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7799[/ATTACH]

If it's not possible , do you know if i can use this card : KZ-B34-USB (USB to MiniCard Extender) , and add this one : Clé USB Bluetooth 3.0 + wifi | LINDY France ?

Thanks a lot :)

I'm having the same problem as you (occupying the only mPCIe-slot with ePGU), so I ordered this mPCIe-wlan card that uses only USB-interface. Too bad it doesn't have BT, but I'm pretty sure I'll outperform any regular USB-WIFI since it is using the internal antennas. I can't tell if works yet since I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

Cheers!

PS. If you find any other internal card that have WLAN+BT, please post =)

can please upload a photo to explain that

Sorry, I didn't notice that you asked me a question, see my answer below.

Nice job, please upload some pictures. I guess you're limited to Gen1 speed?

-----------------------------------

Also I found this PCIe-gen2-extender, that could do it with some modification?

Hi, for pictures see the "Discontinued attemps" section of the blog:

http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/3579-lenovo-s430-pe4l-2-1b-xbox-360-psu-case%3B-egpu-blog.html

I don't know if Gen1 would have worked since I have not Setup 1.x to set the Link speed.

I will now use another approach, I'll cut a extension cable ( M -> F ) and solder the ends

to the PE4L and PM3N. I hope that a single Socket to Plug connection won't be too much

impedance variation. If it doesn't work I'll settle with Gen1 speed :/

I will now use another approach, I'll cut a extension cable ( M -> F ) and solder the ends

to the PE4L and PM3N

I love the effort you're putting into to this man!

I'm a bit confused by your new approach, wouldn't that be back to square one?

PE4L<[sOLDER POINT]>--------------[HDMI-CABLE]---------------<[sOLDER POINT]>PM3N

Please keep up the good work!

EDIT: By the way, I ordered 2x PHAT->SLIM adapters, took two wires (incl. connection) from one and pushed them straight into to the second ones two empty wire sockets (like a glove).

That might be interesting for you as well =)

I love the effort you're putting into to this man!

I'm a bit confused by your new approach, wouldn't that be back to square one?

PE4L<[sOLDER POINT]>--------------[HDMI-CABLE]---------------<[sOLDER POINT]>PM3N

Please keep up the good work!

EDIT: By the way, I ordered 2x PHAT->SLIM adapters, took two wires (incl. connection) from one and pushed them straight into to the second ones two empty wire sockets (like a glove).

That might be interesting for you as well =)

It would look like this:

Extension cable: [Male HDMI]>-------------------------<[Female HDMI]

Cut the extension cable in two.

PE4L<[solder Point]>----------<[Male HDMI]> <[Female HDMI]>-----------<[PM3N]::[Notebook]

I don't quite get what you mean with Phat to slim adapters, PCI-E or mPCI-e?

• Thumbs Up 1

It would look like this:

Extension cable: [Male HDMI]>-------------------------<[Female HDMI]

Cut the extension cable in two.

PE4L<[solder Point]>----------<[Male HDMI]> <[Female HDMI]>-----------<[PM3N]::[Notebook]

I don't quite get what you mean with Phat to slim adapters, PCI-E or mPCI-e?

Oh yeah I see, I really hope you succeed!

Sorry for the confusing phat->slim adapter part. I first thought you used this for your xbox PSU in order to have a female power socket =)

I bought two of those (slim only needs one 12v rail, so there is two pins missing in the adapter), took two pins/wires from the first to complete the second.

So if my XBOX psu brakes down, I just use another one.

Hope it makes sense! :apthy:

Please keep us updated of your progress, and take pictures!

• 1 month later...

post-6299-14494995799532_thumb.jpg

Saw this mPCIe to Expresscard 34 adapter online today. The price is kinda affordable, if I could find a good mPCIe extender capable of Gen.2 I could make a DIY enclosure in the space for the optical bay unit to be able to connect via an expresscard. I'm thinking about a custom caddy, to host a 2.5 inches HDD and also the expresscard slot.

http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/1531

• 2 weeks later...

From here we know that two socketted mHDMI ends will not pass Gen2 signals even with the newer and better PCIEMM-060B cable. Though that testing did have more success with a PM3N (mPCIe) than EC2C (expresscard).

So then does anybody want to test either of the following to see if can get *one* socketted end for more convenient mPCIe connectivity along with Gen2 link speed? Bad news is BPlus cannot solder the new thinner PCIEMM-060B style cable onto either a PE4L/PE4H or EC2C/PM3N as the wiring is too thin to work with. So we're stuck with using a PCIEMM-060A (flat) style cable for now. I've sent a request to BPlus to do such testing. It's pretty much the last test that can be done before BPlus would need to come up with new hardware to solve this problem.

PE4L-L060A - test with a PM3N

<A HREF="http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4L.html">PE4L-L060A_5.jpg</A> (click for link)

PM060A mPCIe cable - test with a PE4L 1.5 or PE4H 2.4

Amazon.co.jpF PM2E / PM060A : PE4H v2.4/PE4L v1.5用MiniCard(mPCIe)

PE4H (PCIe passive adapter ver2.4)

<A HREF="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71j5F9XzzeL._AA1500_.jpg">31J6uVtGtBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg</A>

PE4H 2.4b and PM3N 1.3 in testing now with better impedance control

More news from Masaharu @ BPlus. BPlus have optimized the pci-e traces for impedance control in revision bumped PE4H 2.4b and PM3N 1.3 boards. Ideal is to provide a Gen2-capable solution that can use the mHDMI socketted, flexible PCIEMM-060B cable.

The new boards are being tested now. Fingers crossed, they'll nail it.

• 11 months later...

I am not too familiar with this but from what I've seen so far on yt, etc I know that you cannot use most powerful cards available...

Just wanted to ask you guys: Is it worth buying for someone with Lenovo Y580 and 660m GTX ?

• 2 years later...

I currently have the EXP GDC v8 and it works well on gen1 speed but is very unstable on gen2 speed (crashes, pc reboots, etc..). I mainly bought it because you can connect/disconnect it on the go.. it is not soldered.

So I am thinking about buying a eGPU adapter with soldered socket instead now as according to Nando's research, it is more stable.

But i still want to be able to disconnect/connect the eGPU on the go as my mPCIe port is under my laptop keyboard..

so I am thinking about using a mPCIe extender like this one:

http://www.hwtools.net/ExtenderBoard/P22S-P22F.html

anyone tried that and know if this works with eGPU adapters??