Lenovo Y580 Static on Start-up

Einteiler

About a month ago, I received my Y580. I have the version with windows 8 and the 1TB hard drive with no ssd. Upon receiving it, I added an mSata ssd and did a clean install of windows 7. I also replaced the 1TB hard drive with another ssd, and I now use the former hard drive as an external drive. After doing this, and installing all drivers, everything is working fine. The only programs I have installed are vlc, 7zip, eclipse sdk, and itunes. Maybe a couple others. This was all a month ago when I got the laptop. Again, so far, no problems. But as of yesterday, whenever I boot up my laptop, on the lenovo screen and immediately after, I get these weird white lines all over the screen. It looks like watching a tv with poor reception/lots of static. It only happens before windows starts, and as soon as the login screen shows up, the problem goes away. I dont understand what is causing this, as it is not windows. Just to be sure, I did a system restore, as the problem coincides with an update. No luck there, but as I said, it only happens before windows starts. I have not touched the BIOS, or really done anything other than install the programs I mentioned. I talked with a professor in my school's computer science department. He said the problem could be a faulty CMOS. Could that be the case? If so, how would I fix that? Any help at all would be appreciated. I really like this laptop, but I don't know what to do about this problem.

Sorry for the length. I just wanted to be clear about what I have done

• 7 years later...