Changing Stock CD to Bluray

haby001

Hi again guys, I just found out that you can change the stock cd drive to a blu ray drive on the Asus g75vw, and maybe others (depending on the size of your drive). But here is the link to the drive that I found compatible, I will order it sometime soon and post a full review and how-to later on....

SHIP Worldwide New Panasonic UJ 240 Slim Laptop Blu Ray Burner Drive New | eBay

• Thumbs Up 1

Know of any place not on ebay that you can buy this?

Depends on your location, for latin america you could try mercado libre or at any distributor at your local city. Whats the country you wish to send it? maybe a simple google search with the name of the device and your country could bring something up

Depends on your location, for latin america you could try mercado libre or at any distributor at your local city. Whats the country you wish to send it? maybe a simple google search with the name of the device and your country could bring something up

I looked at google for the drive that this person is buying but I'm really skeptic to buy without knowing for sure that it will fit and work. I'm also in the US.

I looked at google for the drive that this person is buying but I'm really skeptic to buy without knowing for sure that it will fit and work. I'm also in the US.

Its very easy to check, simply use a program to find the type of drive you have, then search for it online and check the specs. There should be height, weight, width and everything you need to be able to compare it to other drives and check that it fits.

For Example:

My drive is HL-DT-ST- DVDRAM GT51N

after searching around I found this HL Data Storage GT51N Super Multi DVD ReWriter Laptop Notebook SATA dvdrw drive | eBay

and what do you know... my drive is exaclty that measurements...so with this now I can be SURE it will fit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Once you buy the new drive, do you just pop the plastic cover off the stock drive and place it on the new one? I'm a stickler for making sure any upgrade matches the rest of the system.

This is the only thing that I am unsure about... because I can see there is a small screw on the bottom part of the cd drive(original) that removes the cover, but I dont know if the one you buy would have the same screw space for the cover