Asus Covers

haby001

Hey there! I am currently looking for a cover for my G75VW... Its a really nice design but I dont want it to get scratched or anything. Being a computer not that sold and compatible (design-wise) as the Macbooks, I guess there aren't any premade or in mass production, but is there any custom made? or a plastic cover for the corners or anything? Any help is extremely useful (I know there are skin and custom made skins).

P.D. I'm sorry if I ask too many questions :P but I really have a lot of questions about my asus!

• 2 weeks later...

Those carbon wraps are quite good. The rubbery feel of the G75's cover is actually very nice but fragile to scratches or finger prints. When I bought mine I put that 'My SSD is faster than your HDD' sticker on it and some time ago I took it off, I haven't been able to this day to remove the glue print from that sticker. So my advise, if you are going to wrap it, do it entirely and not just portions of it because it will get messy.

• 1 month later...

I just use screen cleaner to clean the rubber surfaces. It's deionized and contains no harmful chemicals that will eat away at your rubber / plastics. Turtle wax wouldn't go well with it. It's literally a wax that will harden when it's mixed with the air. The purpose of wax is to fill in very very tiny scratches and imperfections leaving you with a very clear and shiny coat...on a car. Rubber won't react as well and you'll just be left with a mess lol

• 1 year later...
I just use screen cleaner to clean the rubber surfaces. It's deionized and contains no harmful chemicals that will eat away at your rubber / plastics. Turtle wax wouldn't go well with it. It's literally a wax that will harden when it's mixed with the air. The purpose of wax is to fill in very very tiny scratches and imperfections leaving you with a very clear and shiny coat...on a car. Rubber won't react as well and you'll just be left with a mess lol

What type of screen cleaner do you use? I read once that using the slightest bit of hand soap + water wiped across the screen, followed by a dry cloth to pick up the residue works well, has in my experience anyways.