Path of Exile

SoNaTaZ

How long did it take you to beat it once? How is the PvP gameplay? I was trying D3 PvP in the PTR, it is completely pointless and with zero objective. However, the trailer for Path of Exile seems to show it being a lot better

• 2 weeks later...

Love this game myself. Playing in the softcore league atm (7% exp loss when dieing on 2nd difficulty, 20% loss on 3rd difficulty) because hardcore doesn't appeal to me.

However the new league they're in the process of creating right now seems pretty interesting to me. All the zones are public, anyone can kill anyone and i believe it uses hardcore rules (once you die your character + belongings are transferred to softcore)

Gameplay itself is pretty fun, but I don't really like the non gold based. I know some people prefer it that way, but perhaps making gold harder to attain would have been a better solution to bartering. I mean, this doesn't really allow for a very advanced economy... just my 2c

• 1 month later...

I had some moderate hopes about this when the talk first started appearing about it. Unfortunately it turned out to be a bit of a let down. It feels like it tries too hard to be Diablo 2 for all the people who miss that old feeling, that it just feels old. It doesn't feel like a game should feel 2013. Not just the graphics, though they do have an impact as well, but the gameplay as well.

I had some moderate hopes about this when the talk first started appearing about it. Unfortunately it turned out to be a bit of a let down. It feels like it tries too hard to be Diablo 2 for all the people who miss that old feeling, that it just feels old. It doesn't feel like a game should feel 2013. Not just the graphics, though they do have an impact as well, but the gameplay as well.

I played POE some and if they just update the water and get rid of the shadow shimmering I think the graphics would be pretty good. I like the look of the game when in caves and other dark places.

My main problem with the game is that the combat feels clunky. If they let you attack while moving I feel that the game would be far more fun. ex. run at 2/3 speed while attacking. This change would let ranged kite and melee pursue, but there is still a movement penalty so that attacking or not is still something to consider. As it is now you need to stand in place to do max damage.

I like the idea of classes being highly customizable but I feel that the classes are too similar. I feel that classes should be able to overlap, but some classes should just be a bit better at some things than others.

The plot is pretty bad. Even worse than today's norm which is just bad. What's the most recent game with a decent plot? I can't think of anything after 2007 (original Bioshock). Everything since has been some butchered combination of games with good plots. SC2 plot was OK but the expansion plot sucked. The game ended before I felt like it even started. D3 plot was stupidly predictable. IMO if Belial was Cain would have been awesome, but instead they make it the dumb kid which everyone could guess. I haven't played crysis 3 but I assume it's plot sucks since the original crysis actually had north korea as a significant power, which is ridiculous. More ridiculous than aliens living underground for thousands of years. Fallout 3 was a terrible terrible terrible combination of the original fallouts in such a way that made no sense at all. BF3 plot? Most people don't even realize BF3 had a single player mode.

My main problem with the game is that the combat feels clunky. If they let you attack while moving I feel that the game would be far more fun. ex. run at 2/3 speed while attacking. This change would let ranged kite and melee pursue, but there is still a movement penalty so that attacking or not is still something to consider. As it is now you need to stand in place to do max damage.

I like the idea of classes being highly customizable but I feel that the classes are too similar. I feel that classes should be able to overlap, but some classes should just be a bit better at some things than others.

Aye, those are some of my greatest gripes with the gameplay. The gameplay just feels... wrong, while Diablo III has a number of flaws, at least it has a very fluid gameplay. The customization in Path of Exile is good, on paper, but take away all the "Increase x by y%" skills and you're left with very few actual major traits.

• 2 weeks later...

yes path of exile exceed diablo 3 sometimes, but i also like diablo 3 just waiting for blizzard to proper patch it so i can go back to play the recent exploits of gold the uber low quality of most lengedaries drop make the game hard to play sometimes to gear up my character