Asus gaming laptop 14" g46vw

rafaelltp

Hey,

I've been looking at the G46 as well.

The dimensions are 348 x 261 x 22 mm (WxDxH) and it weighs 2.5KG

The dimensions of the G55 are 384 x 299 x 20 ~51 mm (WxDxH) and it weights 3.8KG

So the G55 is 1.4" wider, 1.55" deeper and a bit thicker overall.

Personally the 2.9lbs difference is the deal breaker for me.

They are essentially the same laptop just the G46 is smaller.

This shows how difficult it is to get to the HDD/mSata. If I do end up purchasing I will be going with HIDEvolution for 2 reasons. 1: I live in Ireland so Best Buy isn't an option and 2: They can do the upgrades for me.

The only thing thats turning me away from it is the warranty. Its a 1 year US warranty so its useless over here (unless I want to bay the $100 shipping + $100 returning shipping + 21% tax). If you're in the US you have nothing to worry about from a warranty stand point.

One thing that might turn someone away from it as well is the 720p screen. Personally I've never used anything above 720p on a laptop so I'm not worried.

Hope this helps! :)

Hey,

I've been looking at the G46 as well.

The dimensions are 348 x 261 x 22 mm (WxDxH) and it weighs 2.5KG

The dimensions of the G55 are 384 x 299 x 20 ~51 mm (WxDxH) and it weights 3.8KG

So the G55 is 1.4" wider, 1.55" deeper and a bit thicker overall.

Personally the 2.9lbs difference is the deal breaker for me.

They are essentially the same laptop just the G46 is smaller.

This shows how difficult it is to get to the HDD/mSata. If I do end up purchasing I will be going with HIDEvolution for 2 reasons. 1: I live in Ireland so Best Buy isn't an option and 2: They can do the upgrades for me.

The only thing thats turning me away from it is the warranty. Its a 1 year US warranty so its useless over here (unless I want to bay the $100 shipping + $100 returning shipping + 21% tax). If you're in the US you have nothing to worry about from a warranty stand point.

One thing that might turn someone away from it as well is the 720p screen. Personally I've never used anything above 720p on a laptop so I'm not worried.

Hope this helps! :)

I'm not in the USA, I'm in Brazil :D

I'm a little afraid of buying another 720p screen laptop since my m14x have a 720p screen and it doesn't look nice.

• Founder
I'm not in the USA, I'm in Brazil :D

I'm a little afraid of buying another 720p screen laptop since my m14x have a 720p screen and it doesn't look nice.

Bem vindo ;) Legal ver mas Brasileiros aqui, ainda mas com alienware!

/OT :)