M18x U.S. Configurator

Would you still buy the M18x if the prices remain the same?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still buy the M18x if the prices remain the same?

• Yes, I find it normal for what they offer
    • No, it is way overpriced

Got a link to the price drops gabe? Or at least how much the drop was?

Thanks

-Ash

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Basically the canadian website has it for 1999.99 plus the improvement to xfire 6970s is less than a third than it was for the US site, so that's why I mentioned pricedrops :)

I guess it's all up in the air. I know that as a student I'll save every last dollar I can, but I want/need a mobile powerhouse since I travel a lot and this G73 isn't cutting it.

I'll call my Dell rep in 2 hours and see what he has to say about this.

If it's true, I'll deny delivery of my r3 (on truck to my house right now) and apply my 20% discount to an 18x

...but I'll have to set aside an extra $2k for chiro bills from carrying this beast around all day!

I'll call my Dell rep in 2 hours and see what he has to say about this.

If it's true, I'll deny delivery of my r3 (on truck to my house right now) and apply my 20% discount to an 18x

...but I'll have to set aside an extra $2k for chiro bills from carrying this beast around all day!

Well, I confirmed that the prices are real.

Was able to setup an order, but the EDD is way beyond what I absolutely require

It's really too bad that I need a notebook by March 16, or I'd be all over this.

+150CAD for xfire 6970

+50CAD for 330W PSU

No XM offered in Canada

I wonder if Dell will honor those orders. I have a feeling those M18x orders will be cancelled.

That, sir, would be jokes.

but I must agree. Especially after paying $300 to upgrade from a single 6870 to a single 6970 @r3

• Founder
That, sir, would be jokes.

but I must agree. Especially after paying $300 to upgrade from a single 6870 to a single 6970 @r3

Yeah it just ain't gonna happen. $150 for Crossfire 6970M? In those guys wet dreams.

• Founder
It was $150 to upgrade from a 5870 to dual 5870 in australia for the R2 when it first came out. And that was when our dollar was bad - about $80 USD equivalent.

-Ash

This is going from a 460M to dual 6970M. No way they'll do it for $150.

• Thumbs Up 1

No way a crossfire 6970M will cost $150, go check Exotic PC's X7200 Clevo.... they offer the 6970M Crossfire for $600 something and I would say IMO that their price listed will probably be at least as high as that... because its not like Dell to undercut their competition.59.gif

They're apparently gearing up for launch on Tuesday from what I heard from a phone rep when I asked about ordering it here in the US. He said that barring any last minute delays it should be here by then on their website.

Tuesday would be welcomed. Not sure if I can wait much longer before I spend my money elsewhere.

I hear ya Brian... the Clevo we've discussed can get about the same hardware at around $4300 that I picked, when Dell wanted nearly $5900 with only a inch bigger screen with WLED being a difference. Tempting because of the Price tag... but Alienware is more than a computer its a lifestyle.... 86.gif80.gif

wow so i asked my GF of 4 years who hates my tech addiction if i should just keep the R3 or send it back and get the way more expensive one, and she said get what i want doesn't matter what it costs she will support it but she wants a ring. Damn!

lol tricky women is tricky.

Tuesday would be welcomed. Not sure if I can wait much longer before I spend my money elsewhere.

Well I you wanna spend you money elsewhere why not try to original AW boys? http://www.originpc.com/shop/pc/configurePrd.asp?idproduct=512

I was posting this a sorta semi joke, but those prices are no joke if you have the money they will pack it on your machine, Or you can try to un-sell ur m17x-R3 but I don't think is gonna work to well.

Edit

Check their prices on the SDD's o.O i wish AW had those prices.

Like on gas? Here it jumped from $3.70 straight to $4.15. Nothing in between. 10:30 am it jumped two days ago. /rant

Given the 18x price tag, Id be interested on thier launch sales. I just want to see the bios :P

Edited by DR650SE
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gas here is $4.35 and up. Thankfully my Mazda gets good gas mileage.

Be thankful you live in USA more than how good the mileage on your mazda is

Gas prices in Ontario Canada are equal to $5.30/gallon (we use liters)

Add in currency conversion and it's ~$5.56/gallon USD

More than $60 CAD to fill up my tank :(

Edited by kune

Like on gas? Here it jumped from $3.70 straight to $4.15. Nothing in between. 10:30 am it jumped two days ago. /rant

Given the 18x price tag, Id be interested on thier launch sales. I just want to see the bios :P

Well DR650SE I am ordering one no matter what since I have no system... If no one has by time I get one in my hands... I'll take a picture of every bios screen there is for ya...

Japanese prices seem to be a bit more sane.

I'm curious what Dell will charge for a nice M18x in Switzeland (once it will become available... ) Usually the prices are pretty insane...