M18x U.S. Configurator

Would you still buy the M18x if the prices remain the same?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still buy the M18x if the prices remain the same?

• Yes, I find it normal for what they offer
    • No, it is way overpriced

wow

the prices are insane. I do think those aren't the final prices though. 900$ for 6970 XF setup is not going to fly.

agreed, it's definitely not "going to fly" at those prices. feel for those who've successfully placed their orders online (which there have been a few reports of just that 'over there') if those aren't "final" - but with the starting price in line with what had previously been tossed about, maybe the 'price is right'... :eek:

SOOOOO overpriced :(

Dell's corporate greed has shot themselves in the foot.

Sadly though, people will still buy the m18x at these prices. I won't, cant justify spending that much money on something like that, when I could just get a decent gaming laptop, and a kick-ass desktop for less than a semi-maxed m18x

Ok.

Using the m17x r3 configurator - going from a single gtx 460m to a single HD6970m is $175 USD.

Two in crossfire for the M18x, then, should be $350 USD.

If anyone in USA wants to call Dell USA and query this, stating the above, I would love to know their response.

-Ash

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

I'm gonna see if I can at least arrange a discount for T|I members through a Dell contact I know. Not sure if we'll get anything but it's worth a shot.

• Thumbs Up 3

Guest Astara

I had my heart set on the M18x and decided to forgo purchasing the M17x-R3 a month ago because of it... now I feel like Dell just sucker punched me good!! :( Here's hoping the final prices reveal a slightly less bitter pill to swallow (and that us Aussies can get it comparatively cheap to boot!)

P.S: First post at T|I - can't wait to hear about all of your experiences with the M18x (that is when you can't bare to be without it after its release and begrudgingly cough up the insane $$$ :77:)

Edited by Astara

• Founder
I had my heart set on the M18x and decided to forgo purchasing the M17x-R3 a month ago because of it... now I feel like Dell just sucker punched me good!! :( Here's hoping the final prices reveal a slightly less bitter pill to swallow (and that us Aussies can get it comparatively cheap to boot!)

P.S: First post at T|I - can't wait to hear about all of your experiences with the M18x (that is when you can't bare to be without it after its release and begrudgingly cough up the insane $$$ :77:)

You're probably right about us grabbing it once we start seeing others order it lol. Welcome to T|I astara.

Gak. Price is high but my refund for the busted M17x-R2 was just processed so I have a nearly 5k credit sitting on my Dell Preferred account. I still think I'm gonna wait until I can get to the sales/config page from the Alienware/Dell site directly.

EDIT: Also, I want to see what the price is through EPP and I don't feel like calling.

Edited by JCrichton

Welcome to T|I Jubbin, Astara and Killerbunny. Brian that was me for sure when I started to look at the M18x configurator... kudos on those depictions! Dell is crazy.

Ok did a little math. I expected 1 6970 to be 150 dollar option and 2 to be 300$

With 9 percent sales tax this would of moved my build to 2745 shipped. I wasn't expecting 3400+ to my door.

We will see I have till the 5th to get my return authorization.

• Founder

Yeah tax really messes things up. Does Chicago have tax with Dell? I've got relatives there I could ship it to that could forward it to me.

• Founder

EPP is employee purchase program but it's available in different forms to all kinds of businesses, universities etc. Welcome to T|I littleone.

Been following the threads here awhile. What's the likelyhood on getting a semi-okay deal that doesn't go to 1-2% max through EPP on this new model? I have to admit I was willing to shell out $3k for it but I'm a little disappointed with how much (or how little) it will get me. :(

Also, are people actually able to order it right now? I'd love to get it delivered near/on the week of my birthday (may 19) if I end up buying it, but we'll see I suppose!

Hi GabrielZ, welcome to the forums :D

As for ordering, no, it's not available yet. It's supposed to launch sometime in May, so I don't like your chances of seeing one close to your birthday...

Hi GabrielZ, welcome to the forums :D

As for ordering, no, it's not available yet. It's supposed to launch sometime in May, so I don't like your chances of seeing one close to your birthday...

Thanks!

Yeah I just noticed the link went dead, yet I saw that people here and some other forums were saying they were ordering it and all so I was curious. They dropped the price on the 6970's on the canadian site though, so here's hoping for a good adjustment on the US end too. :)

I'll probably be out of the country until the end of May though so I guess it won't matter much anyway!

• Founder
Been following the threads here awhile. What's the likelyhood on getting a semi-okay deal that doesn't go to 1-2% max through EPP on this new model? I have to admit I was willing to shell out $3k for it but I'm a little disappointed with how much (or how little) it will get me. :(

Also, are people actually able to order it right now? I'd love to get it delivered near/on the week of my birthday (may 19) if I end up buying it, but we'll see I suppose!

Welcome to T|I gabriel. Some claim they were able to order it using an EPP rep and I think one guy on NBR posted an invoice but who knows if Dell will keep the order or cancel it. Since the configurator for Canada just went live (US one went down), they're probably getting ready to launch it soon--and hopefully with a reduced price for xfire cards.