Y500 650M SLI Overclocking Possible?

maxmed-a80

Guys could you tell me plz, did you played some games like league of legends, battlefield 3 ?? im curious if you saw some driver crash during gaming ?? i have massive problem about it and dunno if i should send my y500 for warranty service or try some special drivers, settings ??

Hey! I am playing LoL too and sometime bf3 but never see that driver crash :(

I am useing NVIDIA GeForce Experiance (BETA) with 310.90 driver.

I hope this help for u.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any uptade for vbios unlock?

Hey! I am playing LoL too and sometime bf3 but never see that driver crash :(

I am useing NVIDIA GeForce Experiance (BETA) with 310.90 driver.

I hope this help for u.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any uptade for vbios unlock?

thx for answer but do you have gt650 sli or single one ? when i turn off sli its ok, when its on errors all the time, and when i turn on vsync in lol i cant even start the game :/ i think its a hardware issue :/

sorry for offtop in this thread

• 2 weeks later...

There are people who have overclocked 650 single and 650 sli. requires an unlocked bios. the unlocked bios you can find in this forum. as for the overclocking a search for y500 sli overclock should get you the information your looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've only had success overclocking on the 310.90 drivers so far.

I'm running 1100mhz on the core at the moment without any issue and only a minimal increase in GPU temp.

This gave me another +3500 P score in Vantage and I saw a noticeable improvement gaming.

Looks like it will go higher, I'll likely play with it more this weekend and toy with the memory clocks.

Hey guys, even after flashing the unlocked V1.05 Bios, I still can't go past stock clocks on my GT650M SLI? Anyone have any idea on why this would be?

What are you using to overclock and what nvidia drivers?

I've only had success with the 310.90 drivers and Nvidia Inspector

there is menue at the bottom where you can choose the second card, if your doing it with a batch file, the parameter which changes is the first one, ex. setClockOffset "which GPU",parameter2,parameter3 / 0=main GPU 1=additional GPU

Overclocking support is coming soon. I found a solution to do the BIOS mod for the second card. Please refer to one of the top popular threads and stay tuned. Use driver 310.90 with nvidia inspector batch files in the main time.

Overclocking is not worth it compared to using older drivers. Specially with SLI. You may get equal performance in the end because of driver optimizations. Keep that in mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys, even after flashing the unlocked V1.05 Bios, I still can't go past stock clocks on my GT650M SLI? Anyone have any idea on why this would be?

svl7 didn't modify vbios of modded v1.05, you have to try modded v2.02. See his thread for details.

Overclocking support is coming soon. I found a solution to do the BIOS mod for the second card. Please refer to one of the top popular threads and stay tuned. Use driver 310.90 with nvidia inspector batch files in the main time.

Overclocking is not worth it compared to using older drivers. Specially with SLI. You may get equal performance in the end because of driver optimizations. Keep that in mind.

not true man when i bump my clock speed up by 250 and memory clock up by 500 i get bigger fps improvements than the driver optimizations

• 2 weeks later...