EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

I'm new here and wondering why I can't  download the file. Any suggestions?

this time I can upgrade my intel 2230 to intel 7260ac, Because this year Intel no longer supports the intel 2230 NIC, and completely removed the driver. This is really sad news.Thank you for your approach,

I just made a backup of my y400 bios , could someone help me with the next part of modding it with whitelist mod?

Thanks!

On 1/8/2019 at 4:59 AM, hexdemon said:

I just made a backup of my y400 bios , could someone help me with the next part of modding it with whitelist mod?

Thanks!

Hi!

All necessary files and instructions you can find on the first page of this thread.

Hello, I'm trying to unlock my bios on my Lenovo y500 and I'm kinda stuck at the first step where I need to make a DOS USB drive. I am getting the error message "device media is write protected" when I try to use the HP tool and I googled a bunch with no luck. are you able to help me with it?

1 hour ago, azab189 said:

I am getting the error message "device media is write protected" when I try to use the HP tool and I googled a bunch with no luck. are you able to help me with it?

Hi!

Just run HP tool as Administrator.

1 minute ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Just run HP tool as Administrator.

Thanks that did the trick, now Im getting the error "error 28: protected range register" how do I get past that? also, "PBR GBE regions does not exist" which I think isn't that relevant 

4 minutes ago, azab189 said:

Thanks that did the trick, now Im getting the error "error 28: protected range register" how do I get past that? also, "PBR GBE regions does not exist" which I think isn't that relevant 

Just read first post of this thread carefully.

• Put the modified BIOS, the prr.exe tool and the fpt.exe (along with the fparts.txt file) on the root of your prepared DOS bootable USB drive, restart your system and boot from that drive. 

• Execute the prr.exe, if you don't get an error message continue by pressing enter. Then flash the bios by using this command (filename.bin obviously needs to be replaced with the name of the file you want to flash). If you can't remember the name of your file, use the command dir to display all the files on your drive. Flash with this:

fpt.exe -f filename.bin -bios

NOTE: The name of the BIOS file mustn't exceed eight characters (not counting the extension)! That's a DOS limit, so make sure the name of your file isn't too long. Wait until the process is done. After flashing it will verify the data, in case there's something wrong with the flashed data it will tell you. In that case don't reboot, just flash again.

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Just read first post of this thread carefully.

• Put the modified BIOS, the prr.exe tool and the fpt.exe (along with the fparts.txt file) on the root of your prepared DOS bootable USB drive, restart your system and boot from that drive. 

• Execute the prr.exe, if you don't get an error message continue by pressing enter. Then flash the bios by using this command (filename.bin obviously needs to be replaced with the name of the file you want to flash). If you can't remember the name of your file, use the command dir to display all the files on your drive. Flash with this:

fpt.exe -f filename.bin -bios

NOTE: The name of the BIOS file mustn't exceed eight characters (not counting the extension)! That's a DOS limit, so make sure the name of your file isn't too long. Wait until the process is done. After flashing it will verify the data, in case there's something wrong with the flashed data it will tell you. In that case don't reboot, just flash again.

-_- I clearly didn't understand the execute the prr.exe part, that's what I wasn't doing got it working now Thanks for Help! now I can finally do whatever I want without being limited 

On 2/28/2019 at 2:16 AM, HellRatte said:

I cant download it, how its possible?

Try again later?

Edited by azab189

On 1/9/2019 at 3:31 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

All necessary files and instructions you can find on the first page of this thread.

Is it true that I need 5 posts before I can access all these files? Currently I am unable to download everything that I need. 

I can't download the file

Is it true that I need 5 posts before I can access all these files? Currently I am unable to download everything that I need.

50 minutes ago, w123 said:

I can't download the file

Hi!

Yes, I think it's true. You can read this:  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

Hi guys, i managed to update  to the modded biosin order to overclock my y500s' 650m but still cant go past +135 in afterburner or nvidia inspector. Do i have to do something in the bios first? Thanks for any reply.

Hey, i have got question. Since i have got unlocked BIOS and founded there options for running memory at 1066/1333/1600/1866/2133MHz. Now i am using DDR3-1600, so... should i try to get 1866 MHz modules and try to run it? Will it work?

Obviously i can't overcklock my current memory, since there is no options in BIOS for that (for timings), also my current DDR3-1600 modules don't have any SPD for 933 MHz (obviously!).

Maybe someone already did it?

Edited by rusTORK

43 minutes ago, rusTORK said:

Hey, i have got question. Since i have got unlocked BIOS and founded there options for running memory at 1066/1333/1600/1866/2133MHz. Now i am using DDR3-1600, so... should i try to get 1866 MHz modules and try to run it? Will it work?

Obviously i can't overcklock my current memory, since there is no options in BIOS for that (for timings), also my current DDR3-1600 modules don't have any SPD for 933 MHz (obviously!).

Maybe someone already did it?

Hi!

You can try to set in bios setup menu 1866 MHz, without touch any timings. Most RAM modules 1600 MHz can works stable on 1866 MHz without any timings change.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:37 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

You can try to set in bios setup menu 1866 MHz, without touch any timings. Most RAM modules 1600 MHz can works stable on 1866 MHz without any timings change.

Tested. I switched frequency in BIOS and runned AIDA64 Cache & Memory Benchmark then switched back and tested again. No noticible diffirence.

But that way i tested i7-3630QM and i7-3820QM with same memory modules and frequency. So, here is results.

i7-3630QM

Memory_N1_i7_3630QM_1600MHz.thumb.png.2f85c786a07ddd2e31bbf8cb1ec3b4e5.png

i7-3820QM + Ramaxel_RMT3160ED58E9W-1600 (ThrottleStop with multiplier 35 T - 3.5 GHz on all cores)

Memory_N1_i7_3820QM_Ramaxel_RMT3160ED58E9W-1600_1600MHz_8Gb.thumb.png.251cf075403617bb4630cea0e01bc104.png

Edited by rusTORK

5 minutes ago, rusTORK said:

Tested. I switched frequency in BIOS and runned AIDA64 Cache & Memory Benchmark then switched back and tested again. No noticible diffirence.

As you can see on all your screenshots, memory frequency it's 1600 MHz, not 1866 MHz.

1 minute ago, Klem said:

As you can see on all your screenshots, memory frequency it's 1600 MHz, not 1866 MHz.

Yep, look's like this BIOS settings don't work.

Any chance this BIOS setting may be connected to memory module SPD?

In theory i may try to lower same setting in BIOS to 1333MHz and run AIDA64 test again.