EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

1 hour ago, /titanium said:

Is this compatible with my Y500 i5/750m (without SLI)?

Yes.

On 22/09/2017 at 6:02 PM, virtualsurround said:

I'm buy on amazon an ssd msata( 850 evo) i need unlock the bios or it work with original bios(1.05) ? Thx

No you need to buy a 42mm SATA M.2 NGFF SSD (ie M.2 2242).

Quote: To make things easy paste your 'fptw64' folder in C drive. The directory will now be c:\fptw64. Open command prompt as administrator (important).

Type

cd c:\fptw64\

and then

fptw64.exe -d biosbackup.bin -bios

It will start backing up and the newly generated biosbackup.bin found in the fptw64 folder will be your bios backup.

I tried this method.

The first part was OK cd: cd c:\fptw64\

the second part was rejected as it's not a cmdlet, function. script file or operable with lots of red stuff

Thumbs Up

My system is IdeaPad Y500 with 2 Nvidia 750m 2G graphic cards. One card is soldered to the Intel graphic card and the other is removable. The Bios version is 2.03.

I want to remove one of the Nvidia card and add a powerful external GPU for better gaming.
Before I commit to buying the new card:
Can the 2.03 Bios version accept the external card or do I need to flash the Bios?  

need to unlock the whitelist to upgrade the wireless card on an IdeaPad Y500 nvidia 750m laptop.

can someone help?

Thumbs Up

My BIOS says REV. 3.7
That means i cannot unlock this sh*t ??
I rly wanna oc the gpu as it has like atleast 35C headroom overclocked already to the max. Which is +135 on the core. And also i have 500+ on the memory.
The games i play dont supp sli so my sec 650m just sitting there doin jack sh*t... So yea i neeeeeed to OC it daaang.

NEver mind i'm an idiot i didnt know i have to check it in DXDIAG the actualy version. v2.04 Ait. Hopefully i got this now.

Hello, I have lenovo with I7-3630qm and solo GT750M , bios 3.7. I have not found anywhere how to flash this version. show me please where to look. Can I do this ??? or is my BIOS version not suitable for this?

i encountered "error 200" when running backup bios tool.   I tried running fpt_dos and i tried fpt_w64.  I got the same error both times.

How do i get around this error?   I am running V2.04 BIOS .

I also could not create the DOS boot USB by the method described here.   I had to use rufus instead and from there i tried to furn fpt_dos to create by "bios backup" witch failed.

5a775a94bbf5f_FileFeb04111950AM.thumb.jpeg.f9550b9930942dc97a2c0702b2221cf5.jpeg

Edited by andreszzo
add information

On 1/26/2018 at 11:10 AM, faruqx said:

how i can download this files ?

You need to either pay membership, or make more than five posts and you will be unlocked after a week by a moderator.

On 9/18/2017 at 6:29 AM, Klem said:

Yes.

Hello,

i encountered "error 200" when running backup bios tool.   I tried running fpt_dos and i tried fpt_w64.  I got the same error both times.

I also could not create the DOS boot USB by the method described here.   I had to use rufus instead and from there i tried to furn fpt_dos to create by "bios backup" witch failed.

Please help.

File Feb 04, 11 19 50 AM.jpeg

9 hours ago, andreszzo said:

Hello,

Please help.

File Feb 04, 11 19 50 AM.jpeg

Hi!

Send me your file backup of bios via PM.

For creating backup of bios use attached program. Extract  attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as Administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" via PM, or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

I know it's been a few years, but I'm currently running a y500 with a v2.04 BIOS and a locked wlan card. Anyone know where I can get an active link for an unlocked BIOS or if I am able to go back to v2.02 w/o bricking the system?

On 2/4/2018 at 10:15 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

Send me your file backup of bios via PM.

For creating backup of bios use attached program. Extract  attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as Administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" via PM, or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

Hi,

I downloaded the program and this error now.   I did run it as administrator and nothing.    Is there any other way?

Error.jpg

8 hours ago, andreszzo said:

I downloaded the program and this error now.

Do not pay attention to errors, just let the utility completely finish its work.

14 hours ago, andreszzo said:

Hi Klem,

Here is the results file.   Could you take a look a it?   Is there another way go gain access to the BIOS files?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/58txzb5v46aoriz/results.rar?dl=0

Ok, in attachment your file backup of your actual bios.

backup.rar

Edited by Klem