EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

49 minutes ago, CanTOKER said:

@L8show

Hi, i was taking the same mistake. When i was trying to drag the Backup Bios file to the program, the program wasn't react. So try to take your bios backup with diffirent method (you can find on google) and check it's extension.

I remember that my backup bios's extension was ".bin" but when i drag ".bin" file, it wasn't react, so i find a different way to backup my bios and my bios backuped with ".rom" extension. When i drag ".rom" backup file, the program suddenly reacted and created a modded bios file. (but you must drag again and again until the program react :whistle:)

Good luck.

ok Ill try that next.  thx!

I used the following link off a youtube guide and it made .rom copy of my bios that is the same same 4.5mb as the original.  It didn't work either.  I hope I didn't compromise my laptop because I had to disable avast to run it.  Damn Lenovo.  I will remember all this bs just because they wanted to nickel and dime us on the wifi card

http://www.mediafire.com/download/55b9tnsewfn0i89/Universal+BIOS+Backup+ToolKit+2.0.zip

I am going to start over.  I just realized I did download  an upgraded 2.07 BIOS from here, but I don't see where and how it gets used.  Hopefully that is why this isn't working right.  I am a terrible multi-tasker and should have done this when I was free in the evening lol

@L8show

Try it again and again, trust me i drag that files to program about 50 times again and again. 

There is always hope  :sorcerer:

When trying to open any version of fpt, I get an error that says this can't run on windows. 

I remember trying this before and I didnt' have so much of a problem. 

Thanks for all the work though.

When trying to run the x64 version it starts, but then closes after typing everything. 

I had to update windows to get .net framework 4.5, I remember trying the files before and not having this problem.

On 4/4/2016 at 2:08 AM, CanTOKER said:

@L8show

Try it again and again, trust me i drag that files to program about 50 times again and again. 

There is always hope  :sorcerer:

Unfortunately, it's not just the drag and drop part.  The actual app window is different and has a different response by asking to drop the name of the modified file after.  So it's not just a matter of the bios file getting modified by the program, but something is not set up right. 

I stopped working on it and was getting my super slow desktop wifi up to speed.  Damn asus pce-n53 was getting less than half the mbps of this laptop (50-60mbps), but now it's slightly better on ookla and much faster (wireless N) on lan speed (nice program to test speeds between router and device). 

http://totusoft.com/lanspeed/

I need to figure what I'm doing wrong here and see if I can get it work right.  Maybe I'll set it all up on my desktop to modify the bios file and see if that works.  I plan and doing a fresh install on laptop once/if, I get it all running. 

Thanks moderator.  I am now eligible to download the files . 

Edited by musarraf172
typo

When trying to execute prr2.exe I get the error that the file cannot be run.

When trying to execute fptw.exe I get 

Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help.

9 hours ago, pavchogeo said:

can anyone send the the files because i am not a promoted member yet and i cant download them ?? thnaks

You are promoted now

• Thumbs Up 1

I cant get the files???

This is my first time trying to mod my y500 bios due to my network card is giving me problems

Anyway is there any side effects after modding the bios to 2.04.. .ie cannot use sli ?

6 hours ago, Protegex said:

I cant get the files???

This is my first time trying to mod my y500 bios due to my network card is giving me problems

You haven't been promoted yet

5 hours ago, Protegex said:

Anyway is there any side effects after modding the bios to 2.04.. .ie cannot use sli ?

Nope

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks octiceps... while perfoming the flashing of the bios by svl7 is it recommended to put in the battery...? Seems to have misplaced my battery? Y500

15 hours ago, Protegex said:

Does anyone knows ifI'm able to flash the bios without a laptop battery y500?

Laptop needs to be plugged in at least. Not sure if battery also needs to be installed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hola Thx for topic, sorry my bad english....by don´t Download:baby: file for lenovo Y400 Bios 2.02, 

Edited by calebwpb

On 02/05/2016 at 3:06 PM, FastR6 said:

You are here for 5 days. :)

Is there a mandatory number of days required? Finally i got promoted... will post my outcome later :)

Edited by Protegex

currently bios is 2.00...as i try to upgrade to 2.02 using insyde i got a dc detect error : (... need help ooo

Hello.

I am thinking of buying a new AC WiFi card, and good thing I stumbled here before buying!

I can`t believe there would be a Whitelist! This is some Samsung phone level sh**.. :D

I upgraded my Y500 BIOS to 2.04 and wanted to mod the it, only to see I need to be "promoted" to download the files.

How does one get promoted?

Also is 2.04 the latest version? Are there any changelogs available?

20 hours ago, Protegex said:

currently bios is 2.00...as i try to upgrade to 2.02 using insyde i got a dc detect error : (... need help ooo

That means u need battery to be installed

2 hours ago, octiceps said:

That means u need battery to be installed

Thanks Namaste