Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

@Klem , i'd flashed your vbios for 750m ultrabay on w8.1... but i just cannot overclock past 135mhz, i mean i can apply 300mhz core clock but suddenly during playing games, the games force close and the core clock returns to its original value 1058mhz.... can you fix it?

@Klem , i'd flashed your vbios for 750m ultrabay on w8.1... but i just cannot overclock past 135mhz, i mean i can apply 300mhz core clock but suddenly during playing games, the games force close and the core clock returns to its original value 1058mhz.... can you fix it?

You overclocked too much and it crashed. Try lower clocks or increase voltage if that is possible.

• Thumbs Up 2

How much of a performance difference should I notice if I OC my 650m's, and is it safe. (I do have a cooling pad, but I don't want to wake up the next morning with a fried laptop.)

GPUClock: 1000-1100

MemoryClock: 2200-2300

• Thumbs Up 2

how about the voltage? stock settings?

Yeah most 650M cards should be able to hit those core clocks on stock voltage. Overclocking is always a crapshoot though so you could always wind up with a poor overclocker or a terrific one or in-between.

Yeah most 650M cards should be able to hit those core clocks on stock voltage. Overclocking is always a crapshoot though so you could always wind up with a poor overclocker or a terrific one or in-between.

i oc both cards , the voltage also and got around 48-59 fps in NFS MW with full hd high settings,, but the crappiness is the ultrabay graphic, got its temp spiked up really fast... however the internal graphic card stays stable around 69-78 degree C...

post-20663-14494996900666_thumb.gif

Modding the BIOS has nothing to do with your operation system. However, you should do the exact steps so that you don't lose your embedded Windows 8 license.

thanks, are you talking about the backup of my stock bios which has my win 8 license? Also is there a way to take the serial of the code for my win8 license from the stock bios? (I'll still back it up but would it be possible to get the serial from it?)

I'm waiting for 7260ac to come in before i do this mod, so i really want to make sure everything goes well and I have no trouble. Also is there a risk of bricking the system?

I've watched this tutorial BIOS v2.04MOD Tutorial-How to Flash Y400-500 2.02 to 2.04 on Vimeo several times to back up what svl7's instructions are.

thanks, are you talking about the backup of my stock bios which has my win 8 license? Also is there a way to take the serial of the code for my win8 license from the stock bios? (I'll still back it up but would it be possible to get the serial from it?)

I'm waiting for 7260ac to come in before i do this mod, so i really want to make sure everything goes well and I have no trouble. Also is there a risk of bricking the system?

I've watched this tutorial BIOS v2.04MOD Tutorial-How to Flash Y400-500 2.02 to 2.04 on Vimeo several times to back up what svl7's instructions are.

You can extract the Windows 8 license, it's not a key, it's embedded for your hardware, that's why you have to make the back-up.

Hi all,

I have the same problem as NyMartin, i have ordered a 7260ac dual band wlan but i wonder if there are any risks involved in the process of modding the bios. Also i understand that any bios version above 2.0 is not official since it does not appear on the support page for the Y500.

You can extract the Windows 8 license, it's not a key, it's embedded for your hardware, that's why you have to make the back-up.

Thanks, I'm currently trying to extract it from my bios before I mod it and of course back-up my 2.03. I'm using this program however as I stated before I am using Windows 7.

The programs I'm using for Windows Key Extraction are currently giving me only the Windows 7 key. Any help how to extract the Windows 8 key from my bios before I back it up and mod it.

Thanks, I'm currently trying to extract it from my bios before I mod it and of course back-up my 2.03. I'm using this program however as I stated before I am using Windows 7.
The programs I'm using for Windows Key Extraction are currently giving me only the Windows 7 key. Any help how to extract the Windows 8 key from my bios before I back it up and mod it.

Typo, sorry. Can't extract it*. You can't, cause it's not a key.

Hey, I have a serious question. I'm very new to all this bios related issue. I wanted to overclock my Y400 (GT650m) because the max its core clock can go to is +135mhz. Looking all over, this is the best solution I can find. However, I'm wondering why my Bios is at 1.05 at default? If I get the 2.02 stock then can I install the 2.04?