Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

Hi guys,

As I am already is running win8.1 does this mean I shold wait for the new modded bios or can i still use the technique form the OP?

Well, i was succesfull in flashing and unlocking the main card and the flashing of the ultrabay also went smooth but I am still not able to OC more than 135mhz on the ultrabay card.

I am pretty sure i did everything correctly and I didnt get any errors during the flash, sp do any of you guys know what I might have done wrong?

One quick question, how to enable wake on lan setting in this bios? I cant find any setting on this bios.

It's in the WiFi card properties in Device Manager, not in BIOS.

Well, i was succesfull in flashing and unlocking the main card and the flashing of the ultrabay also went smooth but I am still not able to OC more than 135mhz on the ultrabay card.

I am pretty sure i did everything correctly and I didnt get any errors during the flash, sp do any of you guys know what I might have done wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong. We're waiting for the Ultrabay mod from svl7: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7-6.html#post72163

still no modded vBios for the ultra bay in windows 8.1. Hopefully soon! You did everything correctly just the vBios thats compatible with 8.1 and the latest nVidia drivers has not been modded and only the default overclock is available.

New unlocked vbios for sli 650M ultrabay card.

And for sli 750M ultrabay card.

• Thumbs Up 8

And for sli 750M ultrabay card.

Yep, the 650M on windows 8.1 works! Thank you. Now I can OC over 135mhz

If someone wants videobios with increasing core frequency or memory frequency or some increasing voltage, please contact me in PM.

If someone wants videobios with increasing core frequency or memory frequency or some increasing voltage, please contact me in PM.

thanks for the help klem. much appreciated! any chance you could get a voltage mod in there too? as of now i can only change core and memory clock speeds, maybe i did something wrong?

I use +311Mhz for the core and +250Mhz for the memory with stock voltage. Anyway while in game, both cards know to change the voltage to fit the need.

I want to push past stock voltage so that it runs with more stability.Using your clocks I'm still getting crashes in BF4 (yes I know this game crashes all the time as is)

- - - Updated - - -

I want to push past stock voltage so that it runs with more stability.Using your clocks I'm still getting crashes in BF4 (yes I know this game crashes all the time as is)

@mackhunse well as you said, it may be the game. I admit that I don't play a lot of games, but I used these numbers for over 6 months while playing dota2. Each time the chart in nVidiaInspector reaches the designed OC limit, so the game pushes the gpu's at max.

What I am trying to say is that I OC-ed and both cards ran ok, no crashes with stock voltage and the temperatures went as high as 72 degrees Celsius.

Also BF4 has a lot of issues going on with NVidia drivers, I see like 100 of users bashing the GeForce forums because of this.

Is anyone experiencing SLI problems with Need for speed Rivals ? I can't get the second 650M working.

in MSI Afterburner increases the frequency of the core 350mhz, memory clock +600mhz, when applying the load on the GPU (aida64) observe differences in the frequency of the core (1139mhz integrated and 1186mhz Ultrabay) in consequence of which the laptop starts to freezing, on the previous firmware this was not observed

in MSI Afterburner increases the frequency of the core 350mhz, memory clock +600mhz, when applying the load on the GPU (aida64) observe differences in the frequency of the core (1139mhz integrated and 1186mhz Ultrabay) in consequence of which the laptop starts to freezing, on the previous firmware this was not observed

Are you sure you have Y500 650M? :) I didn't had this problem. Maybe you flashed it wrong. I do it while I am boot mode, not directly from Windows.

See image below.post-15694-14494996472773_thumb.jpg

I flashed this bios too.

In this bios the ultrabay VGA has a different max clock then the integrated.

integrated Max 790Mhz boost 835Mhz, Ulrabay max 836, boost 836.

So when u overlock u need 46Mhz less in ultrabay card to get the same overlock speed in both card....

For example:

U like to overclock booth card core spped to 1000Mhz in Nvidia inspector u need set card 0 +210Mhz, card 1 +164Mhz.

PS:

I think wee need pm KLEM to change the 650M vbios core clock to default state...

• Thumbs Up 1

I flashed this bios too.

So when u overlock u need 46Mhz less in ultrabay card to get the same overlock speed in both card....

For example:

U like to overclock booth card core spped to 1000Mhz in Nvidia inspector u need set card 0 +210Mhz, card 1 +164Mhz.

PS:

I think wee need pm KLEM to change the 650M vbios core clock to default state...

Yep this messes things up when you overclock using MSI Afterburner since you can't adjust the GPU's individually like you can in Nvidia Inspector.

I flashed this bios too.

For example:

PS:

You are correct.