EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

I am also Having this problem If you came up with a solution that I missed please let me know

I tried a few things still cant get it up update..

Maybe seeing the full error can help.. This is on windows 7 64bit

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.134)

Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: N14P-GT (10DE,0FE4,17AA,3802) H:--:NRM B:02,PCI,D:00,F:00

Current - Version:80.07.95.00.17 ID:10DE:0FE4:17AA:3802

GK107 Board - 2044nb3q (Normal Board)

Replace with - Version:80.07.9D.00.11 ID:10DE:0FE4:17AA:3802

GK107 Board - 2044nb3q (Normal Board)

Update display adapter firmware?

Press 'y' to confirm (any other key to abort): y

The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds or more during the up

date process depending on your display adapter and output device.

Identifying EEPROM...

EEPROM ID (C2,2012) : MX MX25L2005 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page

ERROR: PCI Block corrupted - size mismatch

Hi svl7,

The size of the ROM image is perfectly fine (95744 bytes), see the output of the command below:

>nvflash -i1 --pciblocks

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.142)

Adapter: GeForce GT 750M (10DE,0FE4,17AA,3802) H:--:NRM B:02,PCI,D:00,F:00

The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds during access to the EEPROM depending on your display adapter and output device.

Identifying EEPROM...

EEPROM ID (C2,2012) : MX MX25L2005 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page

Reading adapter firmware image...

Location Size Type

000000:0175FF 95744 x86

Still, nvflash won't flash it...

The previous ROM is of the exact same size, yet it flashes fine. Strange!

Greetings,

Auke

Not sure what's going on, because what nvflash tells is not true. I'll check again to make double sure.

I have the same error from nvflash regarding telling me I need to get newer version of DOS nvflash.

BTW, is it possible to hide not working options in the modded bios, to make usage of it completely safe?

If I update to the unlocked bios (just got my y500 with 2.02 on it stock) do I have to also push that update to the 2 750M cards or are they ok alone? For now my reason would be to update the NIC card only.

thanks for this!

Hey Kh90123 was looking at your 3dmark and just realized your number #1 and i am number #2 for highest scores :P

BTW, is it possible to hide not working options in the modded bios, to make usage of it completely safe?
  • Thumbs Up 1

@the 750m SLI flashers who get errors... try flashing with the Windows version of nvflash.

Use the latest version that I posted in the desktop section of the forums, and if it doesn't work try forcing it with -4 -6

If I update to the unlocked bios (just got my y500 with 2.02 on it stock) do I have to also push that update to the 2 750M cards or are they ok alone? For now my reason would be to update the NIC card only.

thanks for this!

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright so I am new to overclocking and thought I would try it on my y500 sli on bios v.2.02. But I ran into some problems that I was hoping someone would be able to help me with. I was able to put dos on my flashdrive, but when i try to create a backup of my bios I keep running into problems. I tried using the ftpbios program and got this error message...post-14852-1449499568101_thumb.png

I got that message after I ran the .bat file, and i tried running it as an administrator, but that didnt do anything.

So after that I used the win64 version and tried doing the same thing and got a "fptw64.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command. operable program or batch.

Ive done hours of reading through forums (mostly this one) and cant find anything.

Also Ive tried replacing the fparts doc and it didnt help.

Any help what so ever will be greatly appreciated.

Alright so I am new to overclocking and thought I would try it on my y500 sli on bios v.2.02. But I ran into some problems that I was hoping someone would be able to help me with. I was able to put dos on my flashdrive, but when i try to create a backup of my bios I keep running into problems. I tried using the ftpbios program and got this error message...[ATTACH=CONFIG]8230[/ATTACH]

I got that message after I ran the .bat file, and i tried running it as an administrator, but that didnt do anything.

So after that I used the win64 version and tried doing the same thing and got a "fptw64.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command. operable program or batch.

Ive done hours of reading through forums (mostly this one) and cant find anything.

Also Ive tried replacing the fparts doc and it didnt help.

Any help what so ever will be greatly appreciated.

Right click the fptw64.exe, properties, compatibility tab, check mark 'Run as administrator. Then try double-clicking the backup.bat that is within the fptw64.exe folder. Report back.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bruxc your the fuckin man. haha damn cant believe it was that easy. Thanks a million

Right click the fptw64.exe, properties, compatibility tab, check mark 'Run as administrator. Then try double-clicking the backup.bat that is within the fptw64.exe folder. Report back.

+1 this is the solution.

You need to be in the same folder as the fptw tool, shift-right click in the folder where you saved it and then click on "open cmd here". Then try again.

I think I really need to write a guide about basic command line usage...

Edit: Lol, I'm too slow.

yeah sorry im new at this. So I was able to make backup bios (thanks again) but i'm not able to run the flash tool, it just gives me this error message...post-14852-14494995681436_thumb.png

Im sure its something simple, I just dont know enough about computers to figure it out myself

Really appreciate the help

yeah sorry im new at this. So I was able to make backup bios (thanks again) but i'm not able to run the flash tool, it just gives me this error message...[ATTACH=CONFIG]8231[/ATTACH]

Im sure its something simple, I just dont know enough about computers to figure it out myself

Really appreciate the help

I thought i was following the directions in order... To create the modified bios I need to use the fpt flash tool, correct? After i make the modded bios then I move everything onto the flash drive.

Yeah, and then you shutdown your system and boot from the flash drive. You need to run DOS for that tool.

I thought i was following the directions in order... To create the modified bios I need to use the fpt flash tool, correct? After i make the modded bios then I move everything onto the flash drive.

Ok cool. But im not able to run the tool. I posted a picture above of the error message I'm getting

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh Ok. Thanks for clearing that up Oct

Hey Kh90123 was looking at your 3dmark and just realized your number #1 and i am number #2 for highest scores :P

Huehue I just placed the order for the Alienware 18 with SLI GTX780M so I will be able to reach even higher 3DMark scores.

And one wonders why you even bothered with the Y500 in the first place when you had that kind of dough to spend. :rolleyes:

Well...I wasn't a fan of the previous design on Alienware, it was too vulgar and flashy for me personally, but somehow I like the new design a lot, very clean and streamlined. On top of that, the name GT750M on the Y500 made me think that it'll be some newer generation GPU, which tricked me into getting it in the first place, and apparently it's just the same as GT650M. Although the same could be said with the AW, GTX780M has 1536 CUDA cores, so with some tweak and svl7 vBIOS mod, I could prob make it run at speed close to a desktop GTX 680. And with two of them, if the game scales well with dual GPU, dual GTX 780M should come close or even matching the performance of a desktop GTX Titan.

Also, I made a lil bit of money from selling tons of old stuff recently. And I will be selling this Lenovo too, and that'll offset the cost.

The biggest flaw of the Y500 had been the left side of the keyboard, near where the main vent is. Running the CPU unthrottled with max overclocked GPU when playing Dota 2 just makes it too hot for my pinky finger. Compared to usual AWSD/MMO/FPS gamers, in Dota 2 I have to press F1 a lot, and that means extending my left palm much further to the left than a normal user would do, which means my left pinky finger and ring finger are often over the vent. It's not terribly uncomfortable but it's distracting and could cause death in the game and I don't like dying. :sweat:

I also don't like the fact that I can't put another disk drive in the Y500. Msata cost more than SSD, I'd prefer a laptop with dual disk bay.

Some say one could easily build a desktop beating the performance of the AW, and I agree with that, but I just can't have a desktop as of now. Desktop uses way more power and I can't carry the monitor around.

As a sidenote, it seems that Nvidia has improved their drivers somewhat, and I could get better FPS even if I run the GPU and CPU at lower speed in Dota 2. It's a noticeable improvement, maybe around 15-20%.