Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

I have install my Intel N6300 but there is a problem, when the 1st time i plug in the card it work perfectly fine, but when i shut down or reboot, the n6300 card detected but cannot connect to any network. The only way to have this card working is, i have to go bios, disable the wireless card shut down and go to bios enable and boot it again.

I am using Window 7 pro 64,original bios v1.04 ,unlocked bios v1.05, anyone know how to fix this problem to make the card fully functioning?

Hi

I get the below error message when attempting to backup the existing bios - even though I am running as administrator.

"Error 284: Failed to load driver (PCI access for Windows)"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6374[/ATTACH]

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

This is to everyone who owns or has experience with Y500....My GT 650M is shown to be connected with PCI-E 2.0 8X bus interface ....is it the same for all Y500 or is it just mine.CPU Z Shows that my motherboard is capable of PCI-E 3.0 16X but using 8X bus interface

Used nvidiainspector and GPU Z

This is to everyone who owns or has experience with Y500....My GT 650M is shown to be connected with PCI-E 2.0 8X bus interface ....is it the same for all Y500 or is it just mine.CPU Z Shows that my motherboard is capable of PCI-E 3.0 16X but using 8X bus interface

Used nvidiainspector and GPU Z

AIDA64 2.85.2400

GPU1: Bus Type PCI Express 2.0 x16 @ 2.0 x8

GPU2: Bus Type PCI Express 2.0 x16 @ 2.0 x8

Go to the bios and see what's written in there.

Or run dxdiag.

Or use HWiNFO and check the system summary.

Or...

Lol svl7 way to rub it in his face.

Easiest way is to enter BIOS by tapping F2 repeatedly as soon as you boot up. It will take you to the main BIOS screen which will have the version number.

I need to check it first, but most likely that's not possible. Also this update is not officially released yet. If you really want to make sure that it hasn't been tampered with, then just flash the stock 2.02 with the included Insyde utility. If it isn't signed it won't flash.

I can confirm that BIOS v2.02 has been officially released for the Y500. I just received a replacement Y500 unit that was manufactured 3/13/13 and it comes with 2.02. The unit I returned because of defects was manufactured 12/27/12 and came with 1.05. So it looks like there has been at least one BIOS update since 1.05, perhaps more.

I do not plan on installing a different WLAN card so an unlocked 2.02 BIOS is not urgent for me, but if svl7 wants to unlock this version I will help. I'm sure it will be a good resource for future Y500/Y400 owners who purchase this version.

I'm wondering if I should just flash my Y500 BIOS v2.02 with the modded 1.05 BIOS. I still have both units and there isn't a lick of difference between the GUI of the unmodded 1.05 and 2.02. But what do I know; they could be very different under the hood.

How does one go about obtaining a BIOS dump of their machine?

Made it to the flashing part, but when trying to flash I now get the following error:

Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.

please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Re1gisters.

Any advise?