Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Thanks a bunch svl7. I'm gonna flash these newer versions today or tomorrow and will report back if it fixes the clock reporting bug. Is that the only change in this revision for 650M owners?

Nope, that's all.

I might be willing to give it a try. If the BIOS for the 750m aren't compatible, then the flash will most likely fail during setup, right? I should still be able to flash the correct version if that happens....

svl7, to your knowledge, what risk is there in flashing the 750m bios to the 650m? Will the system refuse to use the card due to the whitelist like with what we've seen with people attempting to use the 750m in a 650m system? I too might be willing to give this a shot.

The flash will succeed anyway, but the system might not boot anymore. Anyway, I have an idea which can lower the risk a bit, if you have an ultra bay 650m you could flash only the ultra bay with the 750m vbios, that way the system will still work even if the ultra bay GPU has issues with the 750m vbios. And it is very likely that you can flash the ultra bay GPU per nvflash even if the 750m vbios doesn't work on it (no guarantee, but I assume that will work).

Hey svl7, where do you find the backed up BIOS after you run the backup batch file?

In folder where you have the fpt tool.

So, this should fix the 650m issues and also includes the 750m stuff. I'll put it on the first page when a 650m user can confirm that all is fine.

Is this SLI 750m BIOS the same as the one you fixed a few pages back?

I can confirm the new version of updates [for both bios and ultrabay] works great - gpu say it's 835mhz gpu clock without oc [my stock version was 790 without oc]

So the problem still exists

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

So the problem still exists

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7326[/ATTACH]

It is weird... this is what I have on stock with nVidia Inspector right now...?

Yes I can confirm that the bug is still there. As long as Est. Max and Default Clock differ there's gonna be that 45 MHz offset between reported core speed and actual core speed. Maybe this has something to do with Lenovo disabling GPU Boost on the 650M? Anyway, it's just a small error that I thought could be fixed but it's not a big deal and doesn't affect anything. Just keep in mind if you're overclocking to subtract 45 MHz from whatever core clock GPU-Z and Nvidia Inspector report.

Yes I can confirm that the bug is still there. As long as Est. Max and Default Clock differ there's gonna be that 45 MHz offset between reported core speed and actual core speed. Maybe this has something to do with Lenovo disabling GPU Boost on the 650M? Anyway, it's just a small error that I thought could be fixed but it's not a big deal and doesn't affect anything. Just keep in mind if you're overclocking to subtract 45 MHz from whatever core clock GPU-Z and Nvidia Inspector report.

maybe they did it on purpose so we could see the 650M overclock better :Banane41:

Ok know someone can help me I looked over the guide over and over I finally got my bios backup its around 4,608kb named Biosback.bin, Anyway I am having trouble with the Y500biosfix, I am logged into windows right click Y500biosfix I type in Biosback.bin then it ask for the Modified bios file where do I get that I have y500 2.02 firmware installed.

Ok know someone can help me I looked over the guide over and over I finally got my bios backup its around 4,608kb named Biosback.bin, Anyway I am having trouble with the Y500biosfix, I am logged into windows right click Y500biosfix I type in Biosback.bin then it ask for the Modified bios file where do I get that I have y500 2.02 firmware installed.

Here u can find them bro

http://forum.techinferno.com/showthread.php?p=49733

I took some pictures of the latest v2.02 modified BIOS.

Perhaps they are useful for some of you...

Greetings,

Auke Nauta

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7334[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7335[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7336[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7337[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7338[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7339[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7340[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7341[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7342[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7343[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7345[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7346[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7347[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7348[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7349[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7350[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7351[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7352[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7353[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7354[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7355[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7356[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7357[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7358[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7359[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7360[/ATTACH]

You should probably black out your Lenovo SN and UUID.

have u successfully unlock Y400 (gpu GT750M) BIOS using this step?

Yes, with my Y400 with the latest rev of the file I was able to unlock my GT750 gpu to overclock/underclock by 550mhz. I also confirmed my bios is unlocked and the white list mod works, I was able to install a 6235 and get much better wifi connectivity with out losing bluetooth.

Is it possible to flash 650m with 750m vbios? As far as I know tthey both use the same GK107 chip and GDDR5 memory.

It might be.

I might be willing to give it a try. If the BIOS for the 750m aren't compatible, then the flash will most likely fail during setup, right? I should still be able to flash the correct version if that happens...

Only thing is, the 750m voltage is definitely higher than it needs to be, even for overclocking. Maybe it'd be possible to force an overclock on a lower p-state, with a lower voltage than the boost state.

The flash will succeed anyway, but the system might not boot anymore. Anyway, I have an idea which can lower the risk a bit, if you have an ultra bay 650m you could flash only the ultra bay with the 750m vbios, that way the system will still work even if the ultra bay GPU has issues with the 750m vbios. And it is very likely that you can flash the ultra bay GPU per nvflash even if the 750m vbios doesn't work on it (no guarantee, but I assume that will work).