Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Hi,

I'm using Y480 with GT650m D5. Current Bios version is 2.07. Can I flash this Y400/Y500 bios? Thanks !

Actually, there's a separate T|I thread for Y480/580 BIOS flashing here. Happy flashing :)

No. Also the GPU shouldn't stay at idle speeds, it should switch to the lower 3d clocks profile (still pretty slow).

You can't use the full power of your GPU without having your system plugged in, the battery simply can't provide enough juice. While it is possible to force it to full 3d, it is not a good idea and probably won't work properly.

ok guys...for those with SLI gt750m, let's see those results with the newly supported mod bios svl7 provided; in hopes of good news....

To those who can answer this question: what do you guys have for your setting using Nvidia Inspector or the MSI afterburn for most stability? so far, I only got +135 and up to 400mhz for memory still using stock settings.

Any help is appreciated:

I have the 750M SLI, and I got this error when flashing the unlocked BIOS:

Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.

Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.

I had already flashed modded bios 2.02

For flashing 2.02 rev1, do i need to do same thing that i had done before..?

Backing up current bios

And fixing bios

Fparts and all the stuff again...

Or else directly flashing the bin file

Plz someone kindly help me. Confused

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Confused. I did follow the instructions. I did backup, and use the y500biosfix tool. I guess I'll retry.

Did you do this?

• Execute the prr.exe, if you don't get an error message continue by pressing enter.

- - - Updated - - -

I had already flashed modded bios 2.02

For flashing 2.02 rev1, do i need to do same thing that i had done before..?

Backing up current bios

And fixing bios

Fparts and all the stuff again...

Or else directly flashing the bin file

Plz someone kindly help me. Confused

Yes. Or even easier, use your original v2.02 backup as input for the bios fixer.

Did you do this?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Or even easier, use your original v2.02 backup as input for the bios fixer.

Oh my god... i lost my backup

Is this an serious issue of losing backup?

Cant i flash this one without my backup?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

First I'd like to say Hi, and thanks for working on the modded BIOS. I have a the Intel 6235 wifi card coming and I was hoping that Lenovo wouldn't have any whitelist or blacklist.

I'd like to try out the modded BIOS for the 750m. I have the SLI version of Y500. Then again Nvidia hasn't officially released the driver for 750m and I am getting some really bad stuttering in some games so I had to run on one GPU. So far, even with the +135MHz limit, the GPU happily boost up to 1102 MHz all the time.

I have a question, would the modded BIOS enables me to undervolt the 3630QM cpu?

No. Also the GPU shouldn't stay at idle speeds, it should switch to the lower 3d clocks profile (still pretty slow).

You can't use the full power of your GPU without having your system plugged in, the battery simply can't provide enough juice. While it is possible to force it to full 3d, it is not a good idea and probably won't work properly.

BUT you can raise the clock and memory speeds by only a little? the speed in battery is just unbearable

someone was able to change the refresh rate on the display to 75hz from 60 hz wouldnt that help with motion blur?

throttle stop should help if you want the i7 to stay at a higher clock.

thought there were screenshots of the modded bios menus somewhere.

someone was able to change the refresh rate on the display to 75hz from 60 hz wouldnt that help with motion blur?

throttle stop should help if you want the i7 to stay at a higher clock.

thought there were screenshots of the modded bios menus somewhere.

Where did you see this for the overclocking the refresh rate? Do you happen to have a link/source?

Great work svl7.

I just got a Y500 GT750 last week and it has the 2.02 bios.

Are all the versions of 2.02 the same ? i.e. is the leaked version on the front page, and the (source to the) version in post #503 the same as what I have?

Thanks.

Hey Svl7, I tried this Lenovo_Y500_BIOS_v2.02_Mod - rev01.zip and the GPU 0 (main GPU) still have the +135MHz OC limit, as shown in EVGA Precision.

The Y500 - Y400 - SLI 750m - 80.07.95.00.17 - OC.zip works fine for GPU 1 (secondary SLI GPU).

What is weird is that before this GPU0 would go up to 1102MHz, but after flashing I believe it went up to 1189MHz in game. On the other hand, after flashing GPU1 would go above 1200MHz easily.

After checking with Nvidia Inspector, both GPU 0 and GPU 1 has the same BIOS (80.07.95.00.17), which says MODIFIED beside it.

I have tried re-flashing and GPU0 still wouldn't go above 1189MHz, meanwhile GPU1 went up to 1254MHz stable.

Hey Svl7, I tried this Lenovo_Y500_BIOS_v2.02_Mod - rev01.zip and the GPU 0 (main GPU) still have the +135MHz OC limit, as shown in EVGA Precision.

The Y500 - Y400 - SLI 750m - 80.07.95.00.17 - OC.zip works fine for GPU 1 (secondary SLI GPU).

What is weird is that before this GPU0 would go up to 1102MHz, but after flashing I believe it went up to 1189MHz in game. On the other hand, after flashing GPU1 would go above 1200MHz easily.

After checking with Nvidia Inspector, both GPU 0 and GPU 1 has the same BIOS (80.07.95.00.17), which says MODIFIED beside it.

I have tried re-flashing and GPU0 still wouldn't go above 1189MHz, meanwhile GPU1 went up to 1254MHz stable.

This^

I flashed the 2.02_Mod - rev01, and then the 750M for the second card. Nvidia inspector says that both cards have 80.07.95.00.17 (MODIFIED), yet the main 750M card is still locked at 135 MHz, while my second 750M card can go up to 569 MHz now.

Maybe the 2.02 mod needs a look over.

Yes, I don't see any advantage regarding this boos stuff. It's only a nvidia gimmick which allows them to fulfill their environment "green stuff" agreements. If you want to overclock your system it's nothing you want, you loose control over the actual clocks and don't really know what the card is running at unless you monitor it.

I've disabled it on my Titan and 680m and in my opinion the performance is better. I'd say if you want boost then go with the stock bios.