EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

please let me download bin files i need to recovery my bricked bios lenovo y500...

4 hours ago, only4g said:

please let me download bin files i need to recovery my bricked bios lenovo y500...

Hi!

For recovery procedure try to use this file:  https://files.fm/u/gb8z44ys

Also read this thread:  

how to reset the bios setting? when i flash the mod bios ,changed some setting ,and now i can't boot

34 minutes ago, szhynet said:

how to reset the bios setting? when i flash the mod bios ,changed some setting ,and now i can't boot

Hi!

Just read my post above.

when i successfully flashed modded BIOS, the HDMI port can't output the signal.and when i force-enable the intel HD graphic , system will halt when installing the graphic driver in win10.

Im stuck with backing up the BIOS, I keep getting Error 201: [FPTw64.exe] cannot be run on the current platform

Edited by BuckyTM

Hello,

I can't access the files since I have a new account. Need to update my bios before doing the flash because I'm currently on version 1.5. Could anyone PM me a link to the bios update included in OP's post? Thanks.

hello everyone, I can't download the files related to the modified bios for lenovo y400, the links are still active? Thanks

I need modded bios to install intel wifi 7260 because my old intel centrino 2200 doesn't work properly and my lenovo y400 won't start because of bios that dosn't recognoize the new card

So I ran into an interesting problem...

I did the bios flash on my Y500 and everything went fine. When the flash was complete, I noticed that my laptop was unplugged and plugged it in. When I did, the screen got sort of "tinted" to a blue-ish color. I rebooted the laptop and this blue tint persists on the screen. I have tried re-installing Nvidia display drivers and rolled back my bios to v2.04 again with no luck.

After this, I also can't adjust the screen brightness with the Fn-keys.

Any ideas? 

Coming to this party extremely late, I have two questions:

1. Are these files still available at all, i.e. will I be able to download without issue them if I pay for the Tier I Elite membership?

2. Is it possible to perform this unlock without windows installed on my machine? Am I correct in understanding that the bios can be backed up and flashed from a bootable removable drive with DOS , and that windows is only required to do the patching, something I presume can be done with a Virtual Machine?

52 minutes ago, piesang said:

Coming to this party extremely late, I have two questions:

1. Are these files still available at all, i.e. will I be able to download without issue them if I pay for the Tier I Elite membership?

2. Is it possible to perform this unlock without windows installed on my machine? Am I correct in understanding that the bios can be backed up and flashed from a bootable removable drive with DOS , and that windows is only required to do the patching, something I presume can be done with a Virtual Machine?

Someone else posted this link previously in this thread: https://www64.zippyshare.com/v/au26DAss/file.html

Although if you are on bios v1.5 and need to update to v2.04, you need to find that somewhere else. Can't remember where I got it but you'll find it with some googling.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, RickyW said:

Someone else posted this link previously in this thread: https://www64.zippyshare.com/v/au26DAss/file.html

Although if you are on bios v1.5 and need to update to v2.04, you need to find that somewhere else. Can't remember where I got it but you'll find it with some googling.

Saw that link earlier but was dead somehow, clicked on it now and Walla, managed to download the file!

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, piesang said:

Looks like v2.04 is still available on Lenovo's website here:

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/ds101628-bios-update-for-windows-8-64-bit-ideapad-y400-y500

Unfortunately it looks like it is only possible to install via windows, to answer my own (2nd) question.

Aah bummer. Maybe you could install Windows as a secondary OS?

3 minutes ago, RickyW said:

Aah bummer. Maybe you could install Windows as a secondary OS?

Yes, it is not an insurmountable problem, think I can probably create a bootable USB Windows drive.

Alright, finally managed to get it done, everything worked beautifully. The only problem I encountered was with creating the bootable DOS drive as instructed here, encountered some "write protect" error, maybe some compatibility issues with Win 10. Did manage to make a FreeDOS drive with Rufus and flash successfully.

Thanks to all involved!

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, piesang said:

Alright, finally managed to get it done, everything worked beautifully. The only problem I encountered was with creating the bootable DOS drive as instructed here, encountered some "write protect" error, maybe some compatibility issues with Win 10. Did manage to make a FreeDOS drive with Rufus and flash successfully.

Thanks to all involved!

Glad to hear it! I also ran into that write protection issue, used diskpart to remove the "read only" disk attributes of my USB drive.

What Wifi-adapter are you upgrading to?

3 hours ago, RickyW said:

What Wifi-adapter are you upgrading to?

I installed an Intel 7260 I bought some months ago, naively thinking I can just install it. 

1 hour ago, piesang said:

I installed an Intel 7260 I bought some months ago, naively thinking I can just install it. 

I did the same, got the AC version from Amazon. Just put it in and Windows recognized it straight away and installed the drivers for it automatically.

Also didn't have any issues in Linux Mint, it just worked.

Hello,

Has anyone found a way to fix the error below without access to File 'Error 104' Fix - v01.zip?  Trying to scan through 101 pages of posts for an answer isn't working.

I think I am supposed to edit fparts.txt?

W25Q16BV,    0xEF4015, 0x1000000,  0x1000, 0x20, 64, 0, 0xc7, 80000

to

W25Q16BV,    0xEF4015, 0x1000000,  0x1000, 0x20, 64, 0, 0x60, 80000

But what do I do with...

MX25L3205D,  0xC22016, 0x2000000,  0x1000, 0x20, 64, 0, 0x60, 80000

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool. Version:  8.0.10.1464
Copyright (c) 2007 - 2012, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Platform: Intel(R) HM76 Express Chipset
Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---
    MX25L3205D    ID:0xC22016    Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)
    W25Q16BV    ID:0xEF4015    Size: 2048KB (16384Kb)

Error 104: The 2 SPI flash devices do not have compatible command sets.