Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

<textarea class="goog-textarea" style="box-sizing: border-box; overflow-y: hidden; overflow-x: auto; padding-right: 20px; height: 180px; padding-bottom: 32px;" id="source" name="text" wrap="SOFT" tabindex="0" dir="ltr" spellcheck="false" autocomplete="off"></textarea>

I'm new to the site, apologizes.

It's the same bios for Lenovo Lenovo Y400 and Y500.

I think the difference is the size of the patalla.

Thank you

Gil

Can you run 3DMark 11?

You flashed your 650M Ultrabay vBIOS with the modded 80.07.27.00.33 in the OP? Does SLI work for you in Window 8.1? I thought it doesn't?

I use win 8.1 and yes the sli works very well. At first when i upgraded, i had to update my ultrabay gpus vbios with upgrade by lenovo. But at the moment i use the 2.04 bios from the first pages attachments and the ultrabay modded bios from the attachments also. Works perfectly. It will allow you to increase voltage, clocks over the +135 limit but so far only with nvidia inspector.

I use win 8.1 and yes the sli works very well. At first when i upgraded, i had to update my ultrabay gpus vbios with upgrade by lenovo. But at the moment i use the 2.04 bios from the first pages attachments and the ultrabay modded bios from the attachments also. Works perfectly. It will allow you to increase voltage, clocks over the +135 limit but so far only with nvidia inspector.

So let me get this straight. Correct me if I'm wrong.

First you flashed factory 80.07.27.00.33 vBIOS to .3A from the official Lenovo update. Then you flashed modded 2.04 sBIOS. And .3A to modded .33 on the Ultrabay. Now you have unlocked overclocking limit and voltage control and SLI still works in 8.1. Is this right?

Can you provide screenshots of your Nvidia Inspector for both cards with overclocking window open? Thanks.

So let me get this straight. Correct me if I'm wrong.

First you flashed factory 80.07.27.00.33 vBIOS to .3A from the official Lenovo update. Then you flashed modded 2.04 sBIOS. And .3A to modded .33 on the Ultrabay. Now you have unlocked overclocking limit and voltage control and SLI still works in 8.1. Is this right?

Can you provide screenshots of your Nvidia Inspector for both cards with overclocking window open? Thanks.

Correct. nvidia_20140818_212724.png

nvidia_20140818_212739.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting...

So I wonder why my modded .33 vBIOS on the Ultrabay does not work for SLI in 8.1. Perhaps flashing it over .3A overwrites something and fixes it. Are you able to update Nvidia drivers without breaking anything?

One last thing. I noticed that you have prioritize temperature checked and set to 91C on both cards. Are you able to remove this temperature limit? Because every time I uncheck it, it automatically rechecks itself. Don't know if this is a driver or Inspector bug.

Interesting...

So I wonder why my modded .33 vBIOS on the Ultrabay does not work for SLI in 8.1. Perhaps flashing it over .3A overwrites something and fixes it. Are you able to update Nvidia drivers without breaking anything?

One last thing. I noticed that you have prioritize temperature checked and set to 91C on both cards. Are you able to remove this temperature limit? Because every time I uncheck it, it automatically rechecks itself. Don't know if this is a driver or Inspector bug.

Haven't really updated any drivers yet. Have the latest drivers as you can see. And i could not uncheck that either, although haven't been that close to 91c :D 87 during 30min benchmarking. During gaming like bf4 top 82c. i really hope that everything stays in its place when updating drivers. :D I'm really not the right person to help you here, i'm just an novice with these things, but i will do everything in my power to help you, which ain't much... :S :P Anyways, here is the order i did things. Win 8 SLI works fine. --> win 8.1 SLI stops working but the problem was fixed with second vga update. ---> decided to overclock with the bios mods, flashed to 2.04 found in the attachments of the OP, nothing changed in the nvidia inspector after this one. ---> flashed the index 1(ultrabay gpu) with the vbios mod provided in the ops attachments. Nvidia inspector was now unlocked, boost disabled and the OCing began. Hope this helps at all. :D I suggest you follow the instructions perfectly, dont miss anything like i almost forgot to disable write protect from vbios with nvflash -i1 -r command :D. I wish you the best of luck. I answer here as fast as possible if i can provide you any help, because i'm living proof that even a person who doesn't understand these things better than a pigeon understands quantum physics, can do this by following instructions. (not that pigeons could help us with quantum physics even with instructions but anyways).

Sorry for the bad joke. I'm a bit tired right now so it was funny to me... sorry for the bad English also. You can pm me also if it does any help.

Edit: corrected some words.

• Thumbs Up 1

This will work if SLI was enabled by flashing . Try SLI disable and re-enable, you will get an error 43. Sorry for english

So basically you're screwed if you update your driver since it disables SLI automatically.

So basically you're screwed if you update your driver since it disables SLI automatically.

I really hope that this is not the case... And no I'm not going to try that. Can't understand why would it stop working after disabling sli and trying to turn it on. Everything works perfectly otherwise so far.

TECHNICALLY what you can do is

1) Flash the Lenovo SLI BIOS for W8.1

2) Enable SLI

3) Flash the Modded BIOS.

SLI will still be enabled and you'll have voltage control. The problem would be that if you disabled SLI for any reason, you'll have to do the above steps again.

That's what I figured, but it seems like a PITA to have to do every time you update the driver or reformat.

I did this whitelist BIOS mod back in January. I updated to the modded bios and put in a new WLAN card in my Y500.

My issue now is that I have a 1TB HDD and the 16GB Cache Msata in my y500.

I just bought a 1 TB Samsung mSata to make it the boot device, however whenever I try to boot the system without the 16GB cache device (in legacy mode since I put Win 7 on my Y500) it gives me an error that says Atheros and that there is no bootable drive available. This is impossible since my 1 TB HDD Win 7 is my bootable drive. Any help on why I can't boot to my Win 7 HDD to then migrate to my new 1 TB mSata? It's very frustrating since I bought the mSata and now I can't make it my bootable drive/ migrate OS to it. I've also tried using a bootable Win7 USB to just try a clean install on my new mSata but it hangs at the Lenovo logo screen at boot not going anywhere when the Win7 USB is in.

The system boots fine when my 1 TB HDD is in and the 16GB cache is in, which makes no sense to me that the cache needs to be in.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me with this as soon as possible. Thanks TechInferno.

I said "fuck it" and did the same two weeks ago. Tried to solve somehow, but when I learned about VSYNC bug I was 100% positive to move back on 7.

This is my second fresh install that's inexplicably bricked itself after some months, and that's in addition to all the other quirks I've put up with over the past 2 years. I'm officially done with Windows 8 forever. I can understand why M$ is abandoning this POS. Full steam ahead for Windows 9. Hopefully it's any good, but I'm not counting on it.

This is my second fresh install that's inexplicably bricked itself after some months, and that's in addition to all the other quirks I've put up with over the past 2 years. I'm officially done with Windows 8 forever. I can understand why M$ is abandoning this POS. Full steam ahead for Windows 9. Hopefully it's any good, but I'm not counting on it.

It looks nice and all, but you uncovering more and more pitfalls when spending time with it, its ridiculous. Even reminded me the horror times with millenium...

It looks nice and all, but you uncovering more and more pitfalls when spending time with it, its ridiculous. Even reminded me the horror times with millenium...

And it's failed harder than Vista in terms of market share.