Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

New unlocked vbios for sli 650M ultrabay card.

And for sli 750M ultrabay card.

Hi,

Thanks for the updated vbios!

Unfortunately, on my system, the 750M appears not to be unlocked (still the +135 MHz GPU speed limit applies).

The flashing went fine (I ignored the message about wrong PCI subsystem, and flashed with nvflash -i1 -r, followed by nvflash -i1 -6 newrom.rom).

Could you have a look at that please?

Thanks and greetings,

Auke Nauta

The updated vbios worked great!! Can we get an overvolt version? Also, I've noticed that my benchmarks have gone up significantly since Windows 8.1... Noticed the boost even at stock speeds but now that both cards are overclocked, the scores are amazing. NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3632QM,LENOVO INVALID right off the bat it is 200 points higher than when I was running at 1200/2500 mhz. Games are silky smooth too, so it is not just the benchmarks. I'm impressed that after a year of owning this thing, it is still getting better. I'm also scoring 560ish in Heaven, before I could barely break into the 500's.

The updated vbios worked great!! Can we get an overvolt version? Also, I've noticed that my benchmarks have gone up significantly since Windows 8.1... Noticed the boost even at stock speeds but now that both cards are overclocked, the scores are amazing. NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3632QM,LENOVO INVALID right off the bat it is 200 points higher than when I was running at 1200/2500 mhz. Games are silky smooth too, so it is not just the benchmarks. I'm impressed that after a year of owning this thing, it is still getting better. I'm also scoring 560ish in Heaven, before I could barely break into the 500's.

Nice! So you're getting higher benchmark scores even with lower clocks? What were your clock speeds in the 3DMark 11 and Heaven tests here? Also, what driver version?

Thanks @n1smo. Good to see you back. :47_002:

• Bios Modder
Klem and 750 for GPU please. I think there may present the same problem

Place here your screenshot GPU-Z and Nvidia Inspector from your ultrabay card after flashing mod bios.

@octiceps, LOL, I had to walk away for a while like GSP after the display died. Still don't know what it is, if it's the screen, the video cable, or the motherboard but I'm thinking it's the motherboard..... So now I've permanently turned my laptop into a desktop. Took the entire lid assembly off.... But yes, it is benching higher running at 1127/2475 and 9.18.13.3182 drivers. I want to overvolt and run at 1200+ again to see what the scores will look like.

post-8131-14494996488736_thumb.jpg

Nice! So you're getting higher benchmark scores even with lower clocks? What were your clock speeds in the 3DMark 11 and Heaven tests here? Also, what driver version?

Thanks @n1smo. Good to see you back. :47_002:

@octiceps, LOL, I had to walk away for a while like GSP after the display died. Still don't know what it is, if it's the screen, the video cable, or the motherboard but I'm thinking it's the motherboard..... So now I've permanently turned my laptop into a desktop. Took the entire lid assembly off.... But yes, it is benching higher running at 1127/2475 and 9.18.13.3182 drivers. I want to overvolt and run at 1200+ again to see what the scores will look like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9741[/ATTACH]

That is some serious tunning you did there :D

That is some serious tunning you did there :D

LOL, definitely not intentional but yeah... it's a touch screen too, so I guess you can say it is an improvement. Definitely took the mobility out of it.... oh well. I'll probably buy a Y500 off of EBay one of these days so I can troubleshoot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9741[/ATTACH]

jFEq9vw.jpg

LOL, definitely not intentional but yeah... it's a touch screen too, so I guess you can say it is an improvement. Definitely took the mobility out of it.... oh well. I'll probably buy a Y500 off of EBay one of these days so I can troubleshoot.

So you've been away since your display issue cropped up? I remember that was a while ago. Why not get Lenovo to fix or replace it for you?

So you've been away since your display issue cropped up? I remember that was a while ago. Why not get Lenovo to fix or replace it for you?

HAHAHA.. yeah, I've been away for that long... Man, that was probably close to 6 months ago. But I accept full responsibility for my actions (which was overvolting/overclocking too much) and I'll deal with it. Not going to go through Lenovo because I hate them and they can go eat a _____. Still not over the keyboard/ touchpad issues (even though I've fixed it a long time ago), not to mention their false advertising, ie. WiDi. My next laptop will probably be an Alienware, Asus or MSI. I was pretty close to getting an Alienware, but I really have no need for a laptop right now and the Y500 is still more than relevant. May change my mind when GTA V comes out, we'll see.... or I may just get a PS4.... ;)

New unlocked vbios for sli 650M ultrabay card.

And for sli 750M ultrabay card.

@Klem Nice stuff, thanks! I was able to run the second GPU OC'd to 250MHz, but past that (at least in Bioshock Infinite benchmark) stuff crashes. I notice that voltages for my internal GPU run higher because of unlocked voltage offset, so I guess I would be able to push to +400MHz for second GPU if voltage was unlocked here too. Please unlock this or set it to +200mV like I have for my internal GPU!

• Bios Modder
@Klem Nice stuff, thanks! I was able to run the second GPU OC'd to 250MHz, but past that (at least in Bioshock Infinite benchmark) stuff crashes. I notice that voltages for my internal GPU run higher because of unlocked voltage offset, so I guess I would be able to push to +400MHz for second GPU if voltage was unlocked here too. Please unlock this or set it to +200mV like I have for my internal GPU!

Read my post #1490.

This is pretty frustrating.

I have tried both og Klem´s uploaded bios and I am still only able to OC the ultrabay with 135MHZ...

nvidia_20131129_122014.png

My main card was flashed succesfully the fist time i tried but the ultrabay still eludes me.

I am sure I am doing everything correctly, can you guys see what the problem might be?

• Bios Modder
This is pretty frustrating.

I have tried both og Klem´s uploaded bios and I am still only able to OC the ultrabay with 135MHZ...

nvidia_20131129_122014.png

My main card was flashed succesfully the fist time i tried but the ultrabay still eludes me.

I am sure I am doing everything correctly, can you guys see what the problem might be?

When you flashed videobios correctly you will see in the window Nvidia Inspector in right side of the number BIOS, inscription "modified".

Thanks Satenex, a restart cleared it right up.

a bit weird as I already restarted it when the flashing was done, but no worries, hopefully I will never have to do this again. ;)

How much will I be able to OC reliably without having to learn about voltage, repasting ect.?

I mainly use afterburner, so i am looking for a number like the +135MHZ number Im used to.

I'm tired of the bad wlan card and want to switch it by getting rid of the whitelist.

My BIOS version is 2.03, will it be safe to do this flash?

Also any downsides to doing this flash?

I have put Windows 7 on my computer instead of windows 8 is there a different installation method for Windows 7?

Any problems with this modded bios and windows 7?

and I have the 750m sli version if that matters.

I cant seem to create my backup. With the dos and 64 version when I click the backup.bat it opens a window and closes so fast I can't even see what it says.

If I try to use the provided command line (-d BackupBiosY500.bin -bios) I get error

'Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help."

I cannot launch the DOS application, windows alerts me saying "this application can not run on your system"

Am I just stupid and doing it wrong? haha.