Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

So is there anything else useful I can do other than overclock my gpu and get rid of the whitelist?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

All the previously-hidden advanced BIOS settings are now available, making the system a lot more powerful and configurable. But don't mess around with settings you're not familiar with. All sorts of adverse things could happen if you mess with the wrong settings, such as bricking your system or making it unbootable, not to mention some of options don't actually work. With great power comes great responsibility.

Works like a charm after deleting the sys file (maybe something that could be put in the opening post or removed from the file package)?

Edit: what I would like to add that Dutch law states that if the modification (in this case bios edit) does not cause the malfunction the warranty is still valid.

Works like a charm after deleting the sys file (maybe something that could be put in the opening post or removed from the file package)?

Edit: what I would like to add that Dutch law states that if the modification (in this case bios edit) does not cause the malfunction the warranty is still valid.

What exactly do you mean with "after deleting the sys file"? What was wrong?

Nice law, like that.

I ordered a Intel 7260 as a cheap replacement for the crapcard that is in it now. Does anyone know if you need another antenne for 5 Ghz to function or if it works with the Lenovo's built in antenne.

Works great with the existing antenna. Much better performance and stability from the 7260 in my experience.

What exactly do you mean with "after deleting the sys file"? What was wrong?

Nice law, like that.

I had to delete himem.sys from the USB stick (with this file on the stick it would give me exception errors).

Edit: installed the 7260, 2.4ghz works like a charm however it won't find my 5Ghz network so I need to do some more research there.

I go through all the post, and saw the Throttlestop, what the function of that software? I'm confused :06:

- - - Updated - - -

If you have SLI and Windows 8.1 you still need the Ultrabay vBIOS update. This only updates the main BIOS.

No.

Thanks for reply. Done successfully flashing vbios :)

I go through all the post, and saw the Throttlestop, what the function of that software? I'm confused :06:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for reply. Done successfully flashing vbios :)

ThrottleStop is required to get the full performance out of your CPU since Lenovo throttles it by default.

The ThrottleStop Guide

Trying to flash my cards with GT650M ECO 1GHz Core - 2500MHz Memory bios. Getting this eeprom write protection error? How to get past that? Also am i supposed to flash other card with the bios.rom and other with the v​bios.rom?

EDIT: Got past the error and both cards flashed with this threads bioses. How to proceed with the eco bioses?

Trying to flash my cards with GT650M ECO 1GHz Core - 2500MHz Memory bios. Getting this eeprom write protection error? How to get past that? Also am i supposed to flash other card with the bios.rom and other with the v​bios.rom?

EDIT: Got past the error and both cards flashed with this threads bioses. How to proceed with the eco bioses?

Contact @jester_socom. He's the creator of the ECO stuff. svl7 only gives support for his mods.