Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Thank you, My Y500 works like a charm with a Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth HMC

I take it back, I've had problems since applying the update. My bluetooth turns itself off when the computer goes to sleep. Any fixes for that? I've poked around and haven't seen anything. It's very annoying to lose my mouse everytime the computer goes to sleep.

I take it back, I've had problems since applying the update. My bluetooth turns itself off when the computer goes to sleep. Any fixes for that? I've poked around and haven't seen anything. It's very annoying to lose my mouse everytime the computer goes to sleep.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is something that affects everyone with this laptop. There has been no confirmed fix, although somebody mentioned that it's not present on the stock BIOS V2.02. Obviously that's not an option for you as you've installed a third-party WLAN card. I'm just dealing with it by not using Bluetooth devices at all. You may have to do the same.

Here are some fixes you can try... :Banane37:

Disable Windows 8 fast boot or hybrid boot. Whatever you call it. Then bluetooth works fine.
no, i never put my computer to sleep or hibernate and this seems to happen pretty randomly. Like every few minutes. Could it be a defective card?

NVM I think i may have figured it out. i went into the device manager and in the bluetooth power management section i unchecked "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"

Neither of those problems are caused by the BIOS. You can check if you disabled the Nvidia Control Panel service, otherwise you may need to reinstall the graphics driver. The Bluetooth issue is a Windows 8 problem and you can kind of solve it by turning off fast startup, but Bluetooth will still disappear every time you put the computer to sleep or hibernate.
Thanks for your reply.

I don't know how to disable Nvidia Control Panel but could you please tell me how to enable this. I want to check if it's disabled or not.

Bluetooth problem is solved, I really appreciate it...

I hope you'll solve the bluetooth problem with one of the tips above... :Banane37:

Thanks I'll try those steps. I didn't have a problem with stock 2.02 before updating the bios (and changing my Wlan card).

Well the steps didn't work so no bluetooth mouse anymore. That kind of bites. So I'm in for a wireless mouse and having to stick in an external connector on my laptop again.

Yes just don't lose your original BIOS backup and flash that when you need to send your laptop in for repair.

I don't know what video you're talking about, not that it matters. Just follow svl7's instructions in the OP.

I don't know what benchmarks you want me to run but 2.4 GHz to 3.2 GHz is a 33% increase and it does make a noticeable difference in CPU-intensive games and even more so in synthetics.

hi oticep, i try to search the video and post it here sometime later. thanks for your advise. cheers mate.

I believe your Windows 8 license is included in your laptop BIOS (which is unique)

and not included in the 2.04 BIOS file which you downloaded from internet.

Backing up it and applying patch can retain your license.

i see, but i am running win 7, is the license store in bios for win7? don't intend to upgrade, this version serve me well. cheers.

So what is the best cooling pad for the Y500? I'm running into some heat issues, even after a re-paste.

Look at something that blows fresh air directly below the laptop fan.And look for something with powerful fan or fans so you can feel the difference :)

Look at something that blows fresh air directly below the laptop fan.And look for something with powerful fan or fans so you can feel the difference :)

Even that is not enough to tame the beast... I say buy a new bottom cover and drill holes to let more air in.

Hi guys, at the moment is a mod BIOS v2.02. to deliver a mod BIOS v2.04 I want:

a) on top of a mod BIOS update v2.02

B) roll back to v2.02 (no mod) and flash the mod v2.04

c) roll back to v2.00 (no mod) and flash v2.02 and then v2.04 mod

decided to this problem

Hi @svl7,

Can you please update the OP with the official BIOS V2.04 update that was recently leaked? I've attached the file. Thanks.

YX00S204

- - - Updated - - -

For those of you wanting mods for the recent vBIOS updates, I submitted a new vBIOS mod request to svl7 here: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7-6.html#post72163

Feel free to test it out and provide feedback once the mods are released. I can't really test it out myself since I'm still on Windows 8 and won't be updating to 8.1.

So im assuming this doesnt yet work with windows 8.1? I want to install the Killer 1202 but obviously need the unlocked bios. I currently have 8.1 running with dual GT650ms running thanks to the vbios update.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The unlocked BIOS works fine with Windows 8.1. The updated vBIOS for the second GPU is required for SLI to function in Windows 8.1 but the main BIOS is unaffected.

Hello. I need to flash my BIOS directly to spi flash as it is corrupted. My model is y500 ski 650m*2

Motherboard name is LA-8692P Rev 1.0

Before it got corrupted I made the backup using the backup tool here.

The problem is that there are 2 BIOS ICS on board 16 Mbit and 32mbit. So the backup doesn.'t fit.

Can please anybody do the backup of both chips and send me?

I don't need windows license and don't want to steal one. Just want my laptop alive :((((

I can share my BIOS backup if you want.

Please help!!!

Thank you.