Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

I keep getting this error when I press fpt.exe and enter 2x since it says press any key to continue, (with fptw64)

Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help.

when trying to back up my bios, can anyone please guide me step by step to backing up my bios?

I've tried shift right click on the folder and typing -d BackupBiosY500.bin -bios,

tried to follow guide to innocentius's questions here, http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/2874-lenovo-y400-y500-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-88.html

hello, my keyboard on y500 is (messa15dfjkl;\) messing over majorly, and I can't download the files in the first post because of some priviledges? where (cxz*[h=2]2VTV8) CAN3.B/ [/h]) can i get them? i am desperate, reisntaling does not work, and the keyboard was working normaly for a year

hello, my keyboard on y500 is (messa15dfjkl;\) messing over majorly, and I can't download the files in the first post because of some priviledges? where (cxz*2VTV8) CAN3.B/

) can i get them? i am desperate, reisntaling does not work, and the keyboard was working normaly for a year

You need to have at least 5 posts or be an Elite Member.

thanks (a1df5jkl;\) for the reply, do you know if the bios will help fixing my keyboard? the nonsense in the brackets are spelled by my pc somehow. IT never happened before, it just happened all of a sudden, i can't writte or play games, it pops out of nowhere ;/ especially if i use the numpad, i will type the numbers from nine to zero without spaces or anything: 987`6543211 . I typed four like three times untill it typed. please help

The battery is simply not designed for such power hungry applications...

That being said, did you try to OC it with nvidia inspector? It should allow you to overclock the battery profile.

Also, which laptop runs the 650m at full power on battery?

even just a little bit above idle speeds? even at the level of performance of a hd4000?

and at the XM cpu part.. i know that there is a 45 w cpu with the same type of socket that the mobo of the y500 has.. only i can't remember the name.. found out that info on another thread

thanks (a1df5jkl;\) for the reply, do you know if the bios will help fixing my keyboard? the nonsense in the brackets are spelled by my pc somehow. IT never happened before, it just happened all of a sudden, i can't writte or play games, it pops out of nowhere ;/ especially if i use the numpad, i will type the numbers from nine to zero without spaces or anything: 987`6543211 . I typed four like three times untill it typed. please help

I think this is an interference issue, that's what I read on other threads. I've never experienced it myself. I think some people fixed the issue themselves by taking apart the laptop. You could also send it in under warranty.

even just a little bit above idle speeds? even at the level of performance of a hd4000?

and at the XM cpu part.. i know that there is a 45 w cpu with the same type of socket that the mobo of the y500 has.. only i can't remember the name.. found out that info on another thread

It's Socket G2, the socket for mobile Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge. All 45 W Ivy Bridge i7--3610QM, 3630QM, 3720QM, 3740QM, 3820QM, 3840QM--should work fine, but heat output is a different story.

I think this is an interference issue, that's what I read on other threads. I've never experienced it myself. I think some people fixed the issue themselves by taking apart the laptop. You could also send it in under warranty.

It's Socket G2, the socket for mobile Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge. All 45 W Ivy Bridge i7--3610QM, 3630QM, 3720QM, 3740QM, 3820QM, 3840QM--should work fine, but heat output is a different story.

i think what the lad's problem is the grounding of his keyboard. I had this problem once and it was combined with the shaky touchpad.. the only thing that i done was open the maintenance cover and tighten a bit of loose screews and the silver tape that is showing.. i don't know how it worked, but the problem is gone now.. only the touchpad seldom shows these problems anymore.. so i may suggest that he checks if there are loose screws, loose (grounding? i don't know it is silver in color)tape and loose connections. Maybe lenovo refurbishes under warranty y500's and resell them as new? XD

anyway.. whats the problem with windows 8 and bluetooth? the bluetooth is not reliable and when i leave my laptop and goes to sleep, the bluetooth headset outputs laggy and stuttering sound. is this solved when the wireless card is replaced? my wireless card is a qualcomm atheros and not the intel one.. so help is appreciated on this matter

any news on the gpu running at at least the performance of a HD4000 on battery BTW?

sorry for my bad english.. it is not my native language XD

Hello,

I messed up my computer (Y500, came with windows8). Long story short, I had to reformat everything. Now I'm using windows7 which is not compatible with the cd-key embedded in the BIOS, and it won't let me activate my windows7.

I am wondering if flashing the bios in the method described by the first post would fix this issue, and make the computer be able to accept other windows OS (like windows 7)? If not, how should I proceed to fix the issue? I have tried and failed to locate a valid windows8 iso online ;(

I just got my laptop back from sending it in for a repair under warranty. It had the modded bios and the sticker covering one of the screws was scratched off, but everything went smoothly and nothing happened to the warranty. The rep (in regards to warranty) said that the laptop is yours and you can do whatever you want to it as long as you are not responsible for whatever the problem is.