Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Has anyone kept any records of temps on the Y400 using throttlestop as opposed to without it? I'm wondering how much hotter it runs on average with the small laptop heatsink in there.

I just ran some quick and dirty numbers on this myself. Using the TS Bench tool, 8 threads 1024M, without TS on, I got a temp spike at the beginning up to 90C then sharply dropping back to 74-80C with some variations depending on which sensor you looked at. The bench came in at 517 seconds. With TS on, it scored 391 seconds, but max temps hit 92-98C and stayed there for the duration. Ambient temp is 23C.

Initial experience with the 7260ac has been positive. I don't have AC gear to test it with at the moment, just high-grade dual-band N, but the system is stable with the card inside, which is more than I can say for the 2230 - I had a lot of BSODs with that one for some reason, despite not having any kind of weird setup or driver issues. Latest Intel driver installed just fine.

It's in the attachments of the OP.

Y500 -Y400 - SLI 650m - 80.07.27.00.33 - OC.rom.zip (49.7 KB, 129 views)

this one?

or there is another one because, I flash it agaiin it never work :3

Still the same, and I manage to flash v2.04 the unlock bios but I don't manage to flash the vbios for SLi (Ultrabay) @@

or place my backup vbios copy into Lenovo_Y500-Y400_-_Mod_[v2.04] (including update for 2.02 & 2.03 users).zip (1.96 MB, 270 views) then flash?? @@

Enlighten me please :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Y500 -Y400 - SLI 650m - 80.07.27.00.33 - OC.rom.zip (49.7 KB, 129 views)

this one?

or there is another one because, I flash it agaiin it never work :3

Still the same, and I manage to flash v2.04 the unlock bios but I don't manage to flash the vbios for SLi (Ultrabay) @@

or place my backup vbios copy into Lenovo_Y500-Y400_-_Mod_[v2.04] (including update for 2.02 & 2.03 users).zip (1.96 MB, 270 views) then flash?? @@

Enlighten me please :D

Yes that first one is the right file. You have to use NVFLASH at boot to flash it to the Ultrabay. The instructions are all in the OP and there is a separate NVFLASH guide on here as well.

Update: Turns out I have to use Nvflash for Windows and DON'T rename the ROM file and flash, restart and it works!

You can rename the .ROM file, just don't change its file extension. I flashed using Nvflash DOS and renamed it to be under 8 characters and it worked just fine.

I have a lenovo y500 on windows 8 and I just bought the intel 7260 ac wireless card. I am currently using the intel 16.1.3 drivers.

My issue is that my Bluetooth keyboard disconnects frequently to occasionally and it won't reconnect for a long time unless i restart my keyboard. I did not have this issue on my last wireless card or any other devices. Anyone have this issue too or know of a solution?