Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

@octiceps, amazing, it works! thanks a lot. Had no idea that borderless makes the jittering go away. However, running it in window doesn't affect the priority of task for the CPU?

Not sure, but it shouldn't affect anything. I've had no problems so far.

I'm currently running the modified v2.0 bios. I need to return it back to stock but cannot find my backup.

Does anyone by chance have a copy of the original?

Or another "stock" bios that would be safe to flash.

Thanks in advance

Everyone's "stock" BIOS is different because it contains your Windows activation, Lenovo serial number, and UUID. I'd suggest contacting svl7, maybe he's got a way for you to return to stock from your modified BIOS even though you've lost your original backup.

Everyone's "stock" BIOS is different because it contains your Windows activation, Lenovo serial number, and UUID. I'd suggest contacting svl7, maybe he's got a way for you to return to stock from your modified BIOS even though you've lost your original backup.

Thanks, good news is I believe I've found my backups so about to try and flash it back...

Knock on wood....

@octiceps, amazing, it works! thanks a lot. Had no idea that borderless makes the jittering go away. However, running it in window doesn't affect the priority of task for the CPU?

Florin, there's this tool I use called Process Lasso, which let's you automate certain CPU related tasks (like CPU Priority/Affinity). For instance, when I launch Star Wars: KOTOR or System Shock 2, I have Process lasso automatically set to change the CPU affinity to just one core (those games don't really handle multicore well and crashes/locks up). When I launch GTAIV, Process lasso changes the CPU priority to above normal so that GTA IV is given the most attention. This makes it so that I no longer need to mess with Task Manager after launching games.

If you're concerned that running in windowed mode take away cpu priority, you could always counteract it in this way. If you don't want to download a new tool to automate, you could always Ctrl+alt+delete and change the CPU priority to high manually.

I guys, I am new here, I am at 1.05 bios with my lenovo y500 650sli. Have I got this right that I need to update to stock bios 2.02 then modded 2.04 or is that wrong?

Yes you need to update to official 2.02 first and then to modded 2.04.

Ok so I dont need any bios earlier version, it´s ok to go direct to 2.02 from 1.05?

I plan to update msata dsik to 120gb, should I wait to update disk before bios or after. Or it has nothing to do with this?

Could anybody please advise, whether after patching BIOS there appears an option to switch off SLI? It looks like without switching it off MacOS is not able to be installed on Y500...

I just set a new 3dmark record :pride: although It did not save to my account because I did not delete my previous one and I did not pay for the pro version; and for some reason it was submitted twice. Anyway here is the link.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,LENOVO INVALID

Nice, that's pretty awesome. With my 650M SLI my highest is P5228, currently sitting at #3 on the list for 650M systems. Clocks were 1260/2250 @ 1.137 V. Not practical for everyday usage because the GPU's will get up to 97-98 C and start throttling, so I use it just for benching. At my everday clocks of 1120/2250 temperatures are 20 C lower. It's crazy how much extra heat is generated when you bump up the voltage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice, that's pretty awesome. With my 650M SLI my highest is P5228, currently sitting at #3 on the list for 650M systems. Clocks were 1260/2250 @ 1.137 V. Not practical for everyday usage because the GPU's will get up to 97-98 C and start throttling, so I use it just for benching. At my everday clocks of 1120/2250 temperatures are 20 C lower. It's crazy how much extra heat is generated when you bump up the voltage.

I am gaming with my cpu at 60-75C now and GPUs in the 60ies.

I really hate the summer.