Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

I tried a cursory search but couldn't find an answer - does the unlocked BIOS have hot plug options for the sata ports? I turned my ultrabay into an eSATA port, which of course works with a drive connected/powered on boot - but if I can enable hot-swapping, that would definitely make it more convenient. Since this is the only feature I'm interested in, I'm reluctant to flash my BIOS sight unseen.

@svl7 Hi ya.

Thank you for the all you have done.

I received my brand new shiny Y500 750m yesterday late. I have 2.04 in it. I'll look around for the extraction process and if you still require it, let me know and I'll have it to you as early as tonight.

Cheers!

@svl7 and or other Mods

I can do apparently nothing in these boards... So, if indeed 2.04 is to be uploaded I will need to be able to download the extractors (backup), etc. I'll pay the 5$, no problem there. Just be nice to know that my posts are actually going to appear in these boards one day... ;-) And that someone will read and reply...

Thanks.

@svl7 Hi ya.

Thank you for the all you have done.

I received my brand new shiny Y500 750m yesterday late. I have 2.04 in it. I'll look around for the extraction process and if you still require it, let me know and I'll have it to you as early as tonight.

Cheers!

Also on 2.04 here - eagerly waiting, and glad to send something over, if need be.

Would anyone happen to know what I did wrong when trying to mod the bios? When I try to boot the usb (it is DOS) it stays on the Lenovo screen and doesnt do anything. Any help would be great.

Sounds like it's having trouble finding the boot device. Go into BIOS and check that boot mode is set to Legacy, UEFI first, and USB boot on. Also make sure you followed the OP instructions correctly for making the bootable USB.

Sounds like it's having trouble finding the boot device. Go into BIOS and check that boot mode is set to Legacy, UEFI first, and USB boot on. Also make sure you followed the OP instructions correctly for making the bootable USB.

I did, also, I tried the legacy thing. However I might not have done it correctly so I shall try again. And I guess ill find a different flash drive as well, this one is not so great. Thanks.

So now I found out it was just my flashdrive- so I'm around the last step. It says there's a filename.bin, however, I don't see one in my dir after putting the prr, fpt, and biosmod exes and fparts into the drive. What do I do now? Sorry for being a nub

So now I found out it was just my flashdrive- so I'm around the last step. It says there's a filename.bin, however, I don't see one in my dir after putting the prr, fpt, and biosmod exes and fparts into the drive. What do I do now? Sorry for being a nub

Read the directions in the OP. You're supposed to use the BIOSFixer .exe tool for your specific BIOS version to create the modified BIOS yourself using a backup of your current BIOS. That's the file that's supposed to be flashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone manage to flash from 2.02 to 2.03 or 2.04? Someone who was crazy enough to try this ?

Has anyone actually tried this or failed in the past ?

You could probably do it, but it will only update the BIOS version and not the EC version, which is not good.

1. hi guys little lost here newbie ive flashed to v2.02 fw on my y500 sli now i want to mode or flash the ultrabay gfx card but cant get or download the files.

2. after i fw the y500 to 2.02 do i then need ti install a modded fw and patch ?

3. how do i then oc or set the faster speed for each 650m is the a utility to do this

thanks

Yeah, will put it up in an hour or so. Can you (or any other 2.04 user) do me a favor? Some users seem to be eager to update to 2.04, this might be possible with your help. PM me if you want to help. I completely forgot about this, wanted to do this a while ago already.