Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

So where is the modded BIOS file you use for flashing? The zip file only has a small 46kb file in it to use with the second GPU. Sorry if this is a dumb question :(

- - - Updated - - -

What I'm asking is where do I find the file to use when YBIOSFix asks for modded BIOS file to use?

how do i flash the 2.02 ? please help me i just can't figure it out .. i'm not stupid or anything just alittle stupid today hehe thanks for the help

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind - zedster sent me the link I needed! Thanks zed!

can you put the link in here?

how do i flash the 2.02 ? please help me i just can't figure it out .. i'm not stupid or anything just alittle stupid today hehe thanks for the help

- - - Updated - - -

can you put the link in here?

It's in the "ideapad y500/400 bios mods overclock out of the box" thread but here you go

http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/lenovo-ibm/7504d1368808033-v202_1100mv_mem.zip

Your bios is already version 2.02, right?

For me, the perfect balance between temp and performance seems to be 1100 shader and 2500 memory. The max temp I hit on either card is 75 under full load (gt650m has max op temp of 105). Thanks again to svl7 (and zedster for getting me the needed bios link)!

i can't seem to overclock both my gpu's what OC program do you guys use ?

You have to flash the second one using the oc.rom file from the first page (in dos). Then use nvidia inspector to overclock both cards. You select which card to chane the values for at the bottom in inspector. When done setting make sure you press apply clock values and voltages then for each card right click set startup shortcut and create one for each. Make sure you do this for both cards or when you restart the values will revert back to normal!

You have to flash the second one using the oc.rom file from the first page (in dos). Then use nvidia inspector to overclock both cards. You select which card to chane the values for at the bottom in inspector. When done setting make sure you press apply clock values and voltages then for each card right click set startup shortcut and create one for each. Make sure you do this for both cards or when you restart the values will revert back to normal!

thanks bro :) i think it's working now

First of all thanks for these wonderful mods!

Also just wondering, if there is anyway someone could lift the BIOS limitation off when trying to mix and match the Ultrabay GT650m with the onboard GT750m and vice - versa because it gives me a unsupported VGA error.

Hi guys, I was just wondering if this unlocked BIOS will allow you to mix and match the new GT750m with the old GT650m.

I tried it with version 2.0 BIOS and it says Unsupported VGA card

First of all thanks for these wonderful mods!

Also just wondering, if there is anyway someone could lift the BIOS limitation off when trying to mix and match the Ultrabay GT650m with the onboard GT750m and vice - versa because it gives me a unsupported VGA error.

I heard from Lenovo chat that the 650m laptops support a 750m in the ultrabay but not the other way around.

Hey guys, is anyone else having a problem when flashing the 650m sli? I flashed the latest modded BIOS and flashed the latest modded vBIOS for the ultrabay gpu, but I don't see the [MODIFIED] tag on the ultrabay gpu, and the clocks are unchanged as well. I get no errors and it seems everything flashed successfully.

EDIT: After a few minutes, the problem just went away. Huh.

One does not simply mix different GPU models in SLI

post-12784-14494995465649_thumb.png

BTW, has anyone heard anything of svl7? He has been away for a long time now.

What is the max overclock you guys are getting without exceeding the AC adapter's power? I read someone had this aroung 1250mhz.. I cannot test this with my i5 setup.

Hi everyone.

I would like to ask if is posibiliity change bios in v460 ( unlock bios, removal whitelist ) ? I read articlehttp://www.techinferno.com/<wbr>downloads/?did=50 , but this bios is not compatibile with my v460 .

Could you unlock my bios ?

This is link to bios :

http://46253.file4u.pl/<wbr>download/3638085/V460B460_<wbr>2ECN25WW_64_www.file4u.pl.rar

http://46253.file4u.pl/<wbr>download/3638086/V460_B460_<wbr>BIOS_2ECN25WW__www.file4u.pl.<wbr>rar

I write because I saw the website - http://www.techinferno.com/<wbr>downloads/?did=50

Maybe could you tell me how to removal whitelist ?

or add new device to bios ?

I will be grateful for your response.

Pawel

Have people had OK results using the modded BIOS 2.02 from svl7's May 9th post?

Also, do I need to install the modded 650 SLI BIOS if I install the modded BIOS but do not plan to change the clock speeds on the GPUs?

TIA

I want the n5300 dual band 480 for this machine, I'm hoping to get an approved fru number.

After I flashed my bios with this unlocked version, I upgraded to a Intel 6235 with no issues. Bluetooth 4.0 works great and having dual band is nice. So if you have flashed your BIOS the FRU# wont mater anymore. I hope the Intel 7260ac releases so I can upgrade to an ac wireless card eventually.

I think I might be blind, but I can't find the answer to my question:

I've trying to create the modified bios from a backed-up bios. I run Y500BiosFix.exe, answer the first question with the backed-up bios bin file, then it is asking for a modified bios file. I'm running v2.02 after updating with the leaked version, but I don't see a modified v2.02 to use. I do see the v1.03 and v1.05 modified bios, and v2.02 stock.

What am I missing?

I think I might be blind, but I can't find the answer to my question:

I've trying to create the modified bios from a backed-up bios. I run Y500BiosFix.exe, answer the first question with the backed-up bios bin file, then it is asking for a modified bios file. I'm running v2.02 after updating with the leaked version, but I don't see a modified v2.02 to use. I do see the v1.03 and v1.05 modified bios, and v2.02 stock.

What am I missing?

Check page 57 of this thread. Should be there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi everyone.

I would like to ask if is posibiliity change bios in v460 ( unlock bios, removal whitelist ) ? I read articlehttp://www.techinferno.com/<wbr>downloads/?did=50 , but this bios is not compatibile with my v460 .

Could you unlock my bios ?

This is link to bios :

http://46253.file4u.pl/<wbr>download/3638085/V460B460_<wbr>2ECN25WW_64_www.file4u.pl.rar

http://46253.file4u.pl/<wbr>download/3638086/V460_B460_<wbr>BIOS_2ECN25WW__www.file4u.pl.<wbr>rar

I write because I saw the website - http://www.techinferno.com/<wbr>downloads/?did=50

Maybe could you tell me how to removal whitelist ?

or add new device to bios ?

I will be grateful for your response.

Pawel

Google is your friend. I googled remove whitelist yesterday and I found a tutorial on how to do it. It can take several days to figure out what to do to globally disable it. You can wait for svl7 to return and ask him. Send him a PM and wait for him.

Honestly I think it's not worth it to remove the whitelist. Just buy a supported network card and you save yourself a whole lot of trouble down the road if a BIOS update arrives and so on. i have a unofficial without the FRU. If I could choose again, I wouldn't buy one again. It's hardly worth it, trust me.

You better go with a external USB adapter with high range if range is a issue.

The WiFi bandwidth of a 150Mb/s is high enough anyway for these days. I have never exceeded it, NEVER. And I encounter so many different Wifi's everyday. The fastest I encountered was a 12MB/s, and even then achieving that speed is rare with other users on the network. And even then achieving that speed is rare. If your network supports it, then achieving 12MB/s on a download is even rarer. The only thing that was able to reach 12MB/s was the German Steam server, while I live in Belgium. Go figure that :)

But if u want the whitelist still, ask svl7. He's a pro. I just gave my opinion of my personal experience.

After I flashed my bios with this unlocked version, I upgraded to a Intel 6235 with no issues. Bluetooth 4.0 works great and having dual band is nice. So if you have flashed your BIOS the FRU# wont mater anymore. I hope the Intel 7260ac releases so I can upgrade to an ac wireless card eventually.

What kind of speeds are you getting with the 6235 and with what wifi access point?