Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Thanks vladichimescu! Tried Heaven Benchmark 4.0 and SLI working! Gonna try the bios mod now.

Furmark doesn't support SLI yet ! your SLI system is ok if Nvidia Control Panel says so [just run some games, like Skyrim at FullHD ultra, max all, CSGO max all, etc] and you will see both cards taking the load !

I have finally managed to break the 700 points record in Uningine Heaven 4.0 Benchmark.

701 points @ 1257 (+199MHz from 1058MHz) MHz core clock; 2795MHz (+295MHz from 2500MHz) VRAM clock. Max temp reached 88C on both GPU. Average about 82C.

Settings are maxed out except AA. 1920 x 1063 2x AA windowed mode. For some reason the latest Nvid driver screws up exclusive fullscreen. I am running 320.18, and I also have a 240W ac adapter.

This is 1256MHz core, 2780MHz VRAM. 700 points.

post-12798-14494995378885_thumb.jpg

1257MHz core, 2795MHz VRAM. 701 points.

post-12798-14494995379107_thumb.jpg

I welcome anyone to try to break my record :victorious:

• Thumbs Up 1

I have finally managed to break the 700 points record in Uningine Heaven 4.0 Benchmark.

701 points @ 1257 (+199MHz from 1058MHz) MHz core clock; 2795MHz (+295MHz from 2500MHz) VRAM clock. Max temp reached 88C on both GPU. Average about 82C.

Settings are maxed out except AA. 1920 x 1063 2x AA windowed mode. For some reason the latest Nvid driver screws up exclusive fullscreen. I am running 320.18, and I also have a 240W ac adapter.

This is 1256MHz core, 2780MHz VRAM. 700 points.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7617[/ATTACH]

1257MHz core, 2795MHz VRAM. 701 points.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7618[/ATTACH]

I welcome anyone to try to break my record :victorious:

Dude just take care of your laptop..

You are squeezing the hell out of it...

we cant expect more lifetime if the laptop getting stressed more

BTW really good score :thumbup: :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone here using MSI Afterburner to up their memory clock and cpu clock? I noticed that when I up the memory clock past 1850mhz I get bad pixleation and my laptop reboots but I know I can run 1000/1400 and its stable and running about 72c for over 15min in FUR max settings. I running the newest drivers 320.18WHQL. I'm not sure if I should install the 310.70WHQL which most are using.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn... I just bought a y500 with sli 650m from microcenter today and figured out about the 750m version. Im really tempted to do the bios flash, that'll let me overclock this thing to 750's level right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude just take care of your laptop..

You are squeezing the hell out of it...

we cant expect more lifetime if the laptop getting stressed more

BTW really good score :thumbup: :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It all depends on how good you're at OC'ing. I started since AMD Duron in year 2000 so I know my limits well. I have had blown cards before. :77:

But if this Lenovo breaks, I will just get a proper gaming laptop, and transfer the internals over. CPU, RAM, SSD, and Wifi card.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, so I dont know much about all this flashing stuff but can someone tell me if this is kind of how it goes?

Flash bios to version 2.02

Flash ultrabay bios with the usb stick

then I can overclock?

I hope this isn't a dumb question, I just have no friggin idea about all this stuff :P

I'm confused. I'm following the instructions, but the v2.02 doesn't have a .bin file in it, only a .ROM file, which the fix tool won't accept.

not a problem just rename bios.rom to bios.bin

Still giving me the same error :( Am I supposed to be using the ROM file from Y500 - Y400 - SLI 650m - 80.07.27.00.33 - OC.ROM.zip for the first GPU (I have sli)? If not, I can't seem to find the modded bios for the first gpu.

Don't tell me it's not gonna work! :( I paid for a subscription just to get the files needed : /- - - Updated - - -Any ideas? Could someone maybe send me a copy of the file that worked for them?
What is your problem now ? Don't try to flash files longer than 8 letters.Read the first post over and over again. You might have missed something.First you backup your BIOS. Which you only have to do once.and then I always run YBIOSFix first to patch the new BIOS with the serial of my machinethen I run prr.exe in DOS modethen I run:fpt.exe -f mybios.rom -biosThat's all you have to do

I'm wondering the same thing, I use the Y500 - Y400 - SLI 650m - 80.07.27.00.33 - OC.ROM for the first GPU, right?

edit: Oh wait, no I dont use it for the first gpu lol. Where do I find the bios . bin I need for the first gpu?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm wondering the same thing, I use the Y500 - Y400 - SLI 650m - 80.07.27.00.33 - OC.ROM for the first GPU, right?

edit: Oh wait, no I dont use it for the first gpu lol. Where do I find the bios . bin I need for the first gpu?

You flash the big file (around 4600KB) in DOS using fpt.exe and prr.exe as described.

And the small file 88KB-152KB is flashed with nvflash in Windows. In a laptop the first GPU is always integrated in the BIOS. Because the ultrabay GPU is removeable it has a separate VBIOS from the BIOS, so that's why.

What is your problem now ? Don't try to flash files longer than 8 letters.Read the first post over and over again. You might have missed something.First you backup your BIOS. Which you only have to do once.and then I always run YBIOSFix first to patch the new BIOS with the serial of my machinethen I run prr.exe in DOS modethen I run:fpt.exe -f mybios.rom -biosThat's all you have to do

I backed my BIOS up, but every time I try to run YBIOSFix, it gives me the error: "ERROR - Modified BIOS is invalid". I've shortened it to less than 8 chars, but no luck : /