Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

When trying to open any version of fpt, I get an error that says this can't run on windows. 

I remember trying this before and I didnt' have so much of a problem. 

Thanks for all the work though.

When trying to run the x64 version it starts, but then closes after typing everything. 

I had to update windows to get .net framework 4.5, I remember trying the files before and not having this problem.

On 4/4/2016 at 2:08 AM, CanTOKER said:

@L8show

Try it again and again, trust me i drag that files to program about 50 times again and again. 

There is always hope  :sorcerer:

Unfortunately, it's not just the drag and drop part.  The actual app window is different and has a different response by asking to drop the name of the modified file after.  So it's not just a matter of the bios file getting modified by the program, but something is not set up right. 

I stopped working on it and was getting my super slow desktop wifi up to speed.  Damn asus pce-n53 was getting less than half the mbps of this laptop (50-60mbps), but now it's slightly better on ookla and much faster (wireless N) on lan speed (nice program to test speeds between router and device). 

http://totusoft.com/lanspeed/

I need to figure what I'm doing wrong here and see if I can get it work right.  Maybe I'll set it all up on my desktop to modify the bios file and see if that works.  I plan and doing a fresh install on laptop once/if, I get it all running. 

6 hours ago, Protegex said:

I cant get the files???

This is my first time trying to mod my y500 bios due to my network card is giving me problems

You haven't been promoted yet

5 hours ago, Protegex said:

Anyway is there any side effects after modding the bios to 2.04.. .ie cannot use sli ?

Nope

• Thumbs Up 1

On 02/05/2016 at 3:06 PM, FastR6 said:

You are here for 5 days. :)

Is there a mandatory number of days required? Finally i got promoted... will post my outcome later :)

Edited by Protegex

Hello.

I am thinking of buying a new AC WiFi card, and good thing I stumbled here before buying!

I can`t believe there would be a Whitelist! This is some Samsung phone level sh**.. :D

I upgraded my Y500 BIOS to 2.04 and wanted to mod the it, only to see I need to be "promoted" to download the files.

How does one get promoted?

Also is 2.04 the latest version? Are there any changelogs available?

20 hours ago, Protegex said:

currently bios is 2.00...as i try to upgrade to 2.02 using insyde i got a dc detect error : (... need help ooo

That means u need battery to be installed