Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Is it just me or is backup.bat not included in these files or the ones in the FP (FPT_Windows64.zip)? 

EDIT: The file on the previous page was blocked by Chrome.

EDIT2: Just thought 'whatever' and tried Internet Explorer... and now my bios is flashed :D Thanks guys!

Edited by sobnekahcSmoT

3 hours ago, sobnekahcSmoT said:

Is it just me or is backup.bat not included in these files or the ones in the FP (FPT_Windows64.zip)? 

EDIT: The file on the previous page was blocked by Chrome.

EDIT2: Just thought 'whatever' and tried Internet Explorer... and now my bios is flashed :D Thanks guys!

glad all is working now. enjoy

For some reason, my pc wouldnt reload the page, it showed the last comment as last year, haha after I posted that comment the page magically reloaded and had 50 pages of comments. I managed to get an elite account and unlock my bios, took FOREVER because the zip containing the backup.bat was not there and had to figure something out. oh well, unlocked the bios and have the Intel 7260ac Dual Band card up and running, then installed DD-WRT on my TP-Link Archer C7 v2 today and MAN is my internet wayyy better than stock firmware and my Intel Centrino 2230, what a terrible card. Not that I had problems with the stock C7 firmware but DD-WRT makes a major difference performance wise!

Thanks everyone for the help through comments, and the main page with the setup and knowledge to defeat that nasty locked bios! haha

6 minutes ago, JayDieu said:

Where is the backup.bat? I tried running FPT windows 64 and get error 200

, I couldnt find the backup.bat file either go here and download http://rghost.net/56333188   when you run it , it will give you two backup files, the larger one will be your bios backup.

Okay so now I'm not able to flash the vbios for my ultrabay 650m. I go through will flashing completely, but when I reboot, it is still the same. I flashed it onto Index [1] since X doesn't exist

Edit: So after reading, I learned that people were having issues with getting 0.33 to flash over 0.3a on win 8.1. I having this same issue and was wondering if there is now a fix

Edited by JayDieu

9 hours ago, JayDieu said:

Okay so now I'm not able to flash the vbios for my ultrabay 650m. I go through will flashing completely, but when I reboot, it is still the same. I flashed it onto Index [1] since X doesn't exist

Edit: So after reading, I learned that people were having issues with getting 0.33 to flash over 0.3a on win 8.1. I having this same issue and was wondering if there is now a fix

My apologies, i didnt go through the Vbios flash i didnt care to do. Hopefully one of these other guys on here that have are as fast at replying as myself.

3 hours ago, thementallydeceased said:

My apologies, i didnt go through the Vbios flash i didnt care to do. Hopefully one of these other guys on here that have are as fast at replying as myself.

its okay, I finally solved it by flashing it within windows. After reboot, I finally have a modded bios for my ultrabay gpu. Thanks for your help

Hello, i just unlocked my bios (Worked perfectly!) on my Y500.

I wanted to do it because i had just upgraded my ram (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-16gb-high-performance-laptop-memory-upgrade-kit-cmsx16gx3m2b1600c9) and i'm getting a MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD when i do a cold boot (If it's off for a while, the first time i boot the pc it throws me that bsod,  i can reboot a thousand times after that, it won't happen again).

I ran memtest for like 20 hours with no errors whatsoever, so i wanted to check the ram settings in case my pc isn't setting them up correctly. Now my question:

Is there a way to tweak memory voltage with this unlocked bios ?

Thanks for reading me :)

David

Well, I guess I'll start posting so I can download the files! Been meaning to do this for a while, seeing now that I have the wifi card from part of a pfsense box I was building that needs to be put to use, I need to get the files. Hope the mods smile down on me and let me download in a reasonable time!

Just now, hbar98 said:

Well, I guess I'll start posting so I can download the files! Been meaning to do this for a while, seeing now that I have the wifi card from part of a pfsense box I was building that needs to be put to use, I need to get the files. Hope the mods smile down on me and let me download in a reasonable time!

saves time to just pay the 6 bucks :)

1 minute ago, thementallydeceased said:

saves time to just pay the 6 bucks :)

Haha! Well, I've had this laptop for a while. I don't suppose waiting another week or so will make much of a difference. I applaud them for finding a new revenue stream. Unfortunately for them, I'm a bit of a tightwad.