Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Hi,

having just purchased a Lenovo Yoga Pad 500 and found out to my dismay that the wi-fi card (Intel Ac 3160) is not exactly blistering fast :(

My firmware is being reported as Version BDCN61WW - for which I cannot see any reference to this in the posts (Unless I missed something)

Can anyone shed a light on this please?

Can this be patched to overcome the Lenovo white list assuming it is whitelisted firmware.

Thank you in advance,

Welby

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this question was already ask, but there's just too much to read it all in this topic. Will the modified bios from the first post be working on system different than windows 8? I ordered myself lenovo Y500 with Win 8 pre installed, but i will most likely update it to Win 10 as soon as i get it. If it won't be compatible with Win 10, then is there a version i could use somewhere on the internet?

Sorry if this question was already ask, but there's just too much to read it all in this topic. Will the modified bios from the first post be working on system different than windows 8? I ordered myself lenovo Y500 with Win 8 pre installed, but i will most likely update it to Win 10 as soon as i get it. If it won't be compatible with Win 10, then is there a version i could use somewhere on the internet?

The BIOS is independent from the OS, but I would perform the mod on W8 first before upgrading to W10, just in case any of the tools used in the procedure are incompatible with the new OS.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I use mod2.04 BIOS and i have WIN10. But i have big problem with sharing. When i share my folders on my external hdd (during USB HUB), sharing is none available. When is external hdd plug in pc withouth USB hub, sharing is OK. On WIN7 work sharing good with/withouth USB hub. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I have done creating usb with your tool and copied prr2.exe, fpt.exe, fparts.txt and modified bios on my root of usb stick. After this booted pc from usb stick then i wrote "fpt.exe -f v204mod.bin -bios" it says "Program too big to fit in memory". How can i fix that ?,

post-40870-14495001222427_thumb.jpg

Thanks and Best Regards

Awhile back I installed a MSSD and then put a fresh copy of windows 8/10 on it. During the process I completely wiped out the backup system with the built in windows key. Consequently, I assume, I get a compare error now trying to run the backup tool. I'm on 2.04 though, and wondering if there's a route to still whitelist my bios. Do I even need to do a backup? And if not, what's my path forward to whitelisting? Really wanting to install a AC wireless card I picked up, which the bios does not like.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, everyone

I'm still new here and would like to try unlock BIOS for my Lenovo Y400.

First of all, I use window 10. and I don't have any idea to start with.

I'm here because I want to change my old wireless card to intel AC-7260.

What happen is it said unauthorized after I put intel wireless card in and need to put it back.

any idea where I have to start first and any wireless card that is the same to intel AC7260 but I don't have to unlock BIOS.

Thank you

• Founder
6 hours ago, flyhigh123 said:

where do i find the original files to download and upload? Really annoying how all the files are gone... 

You don't have permissions yet to grab them. It is based on how frequently you post over a period of time (days). Once that internal rule is satisfied, your permissions are automatically upgraded. 

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, thementallydeceased said:

I am unable to download any of these files :( would love to get my y500 running on dual band wifi. these centrino cards are horrible.

Just read User Account Promotions  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotions-please-read/

• Thumbs Up 2

ok scratch my last comment. i found this http://rghost.net/56333188 which i downloaded and ran and it basically did the same thing. however it created two .bin files.. i used the .bin that was bigger which was my bios backup. i then followed the turtorial (very well written by the way) also i then ran into the issue where you ran the prr.exe command and figured out it was actually prr2.exe from what i downloaded. then i continued on and everything worked flawlessly. I am now running a modified bios and successfully installed a Dual Band intel  wifi card.  Props to you Good sir !!