Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

does anyone have the same problem as I did?

Bluetooth[default wifi card] is sometime undetected in windows when boot password in bios is enabled.

nevermind.

problem still persist after password was removed.

solved by replacing wifi card.

I want flash the y500 bios 2.04 without the white list. I have a Y500 with a single 650m gpu that I use for CUDA. I blew away the Windows 8 as soon as I turned it on. At the present time I running Fedora 22 x86_64 and want to replace the 2200 with ac7260. I assume I can use Freedos and the tools provided here for this task. Is there anything else I need to know?

I finally figure out the bootable usb. I boroughed a friends windows 8 box and used diskpart to make the usb bootable. Formated it in ntfs and used bootsect -f N60 F: (the letter that's appropriate to the drive you are working)💻 Install Windows 7 from a USB drive the very easy way - Bootable USB | Bootable USB This what I used. If it don't work, I take no responsibility for your actions. Whatever you do, remember xcopy.

Well I was partially right. With the new usb setup, I still had to change the bios to legacy from EFI. So this also explains the disappearing usb. The Windows setup is great if I want to install windows. If another os is installed it will not boot into dos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Intel ® Flash Programming Tool. Version: 8.0.10.1464

Copyright © 2007 - 2012, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Platform: Intel® HM76 Express Chipset

Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---

Error 103: There are no supported SPI flash devices installed. Please check connectivity and orientation of SPI flash device.

• 2 weeks later...

So NO one even bothered to help me solve my issue... But its cool, I got it sorted out by myself. I have a another question that the helpful people can once again ignore. Can someone tell me how to flash a higher default clock settings to my internal gpu? (I have the secondary 750m gpu from a 510p in my 410p and its working fine)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi, I have Y500 and I use Energy Management battery gauge reset :confusion::confusion: and now my notebook doesn't recognize my adapter without remove the battery. My notebook's warranty period is over so Lenovo Support tell me that Energy Management can't affect your motherboard. I can't convince them this issue they are far away from support. They offered me service without warranty I don't want to pay anything because of Lenovo's problem. Is there anything I can do without changing motherboard like bios downgrade, modded bios or fix tool for that problem? Please help for me for that problem Lenovo Turkey support sucks.

Guys i have having an issue with my Bluetooth and the Intel AC7260.

I have also tried a bigfoot 1202 with the same results.

The problem i am having is every morning when i start up Bluetooth it does not start, but i can do a restart and its there. Seems something is not working right in the BIOS, if i go back to stock and my 2230 card it works every time..

Currently i am running 2.04, but i have tried 2.02 with the new bios fixer tool, but it always comes back as 2.04, so im not sure if i am actually on 2.02 or not.

Am i missing a setting or something in the new bios? This one has me confused!

Thanks,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm new here I really wanted to upgrade my wifi card on my Y500. I bought an intel 7260 ac wifi card. When i plugged it doesn't authorized by Lenovo. I check my bios it's version is 1.50. I know it's outdated but i can't download the 2.02 version here i have to make more post. Argggggh

Hi. I can't back up my bios whenever i clicked backup.bat on fptw64. It just closing. And I tried the other one from FTP Dos i got an incomptability with 64-version. Anyone could help me step by step how to flash my bios.I updated my bios through lenovo site I have 2.04 bios now. I bought intel 7260 ac but my Y500 won't authorised it due to Whitelist. It seems everyone had no issues opening mybackup.bat. The error i got "Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows).Tool needs to run with an administrator priviledge account. Though I've run it as administrator it still doesn't work. Any help. Please. I really hate my wifi card it keeps dropping i have intel centrino N-2230 so i decided to upgrade it.