Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Hello everybody,

So I have bought an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and put it into my Lenovo Y500. When I wanted to boot my laptop it said 'Unauthorized network card is plugged in. Please remove and restart.'

So I checked the internet for some answers and I found out that there is a whitelist for the Lenovo Y500, and possibly for more Lenovo models. I also read that you can 'unlock' your BIOS to make other network cards work. And that's when I came across this topic.

At first I made a bootable USB device without any problems. After that I wanted to make a backup with the

FPT_DOS zip file, I got an error message when I executed the file named 'fptw64' I need to press any key, and after that again. After I pressed the second key the windows will just disappear and I won't get any file. After that I tried using the file called 'fpt' but I could not execute it because I got this: 'This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.'

I figured I would make a backup of my BIOS with the 'universal bios backup toolkit 2.0' and it worked. I put that file into the BiosFixer and I got a file. I put that file, along with the prr2, fpt and fparts.txt file on the boot USB and tried flashing it. When I did that I got this message: 'Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash acces. Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.

But what do I do now?

Thanks in advance.

Hey there, I've tried some patching, but my Y500 does not even boot from a USB Boot Medium.

USB-Boot Option ist enabled in the Bios (2.04)

I Have the Y500 with the HD ready Display und the Core i5.

Can Anyone help me ?

Hey there, I've tried some patching, but my Y500 does not even boot from a USB Boot Medium.

USB-Boot Option ist enabled in the Bios (2.04)

I Have the Y500 with the HD ready Display und the Core i5.

Can Anyone help me ?

you should enable legacy boot support in bios too if you booting non uefi media.

I allready have the 2.04 bios but want to get rid of the Whitelist, because of a new intel AC7260 card which I am willing to install.

If I follow the tutorial (prefering the Vimeo video) can I install all wifi cards with it?

I have the same exact question... Just bought the 7260 card but already have 2.04..

I allready have the 2.04 bios but want to get rid of the Whitelist, because of a new intel AC7260 card which I am willing to install.

If I follow the tutorial (prefering the Vimeo video) can I install all wifi cards with it?

Yes as long as it's compatible

So is the whitelist the reason I can't update the stock 2230 drivers? I'm thinking of unlocking 2.04 and purchasing this card if so. I'm on 8.1 and when I try to install the 2230 latest update the y500 bluescreens.

So is the whitelist the reason I can't update the stock 2230 drivers? I'm thinking of unlocking 2.04 and purchasing this card if so. I'm on 8.1 and when I try to install the 2230 latest update the y500 bluescreens.

Lenovo seems to like locking their stuff... so thats a likely outcome.

Hi to All,

Probably wrong post ...,

My question is: what will happent if I update BIOS mod from Y510p:confused:

What laptop do you have and which mod are you trying to use? This mod is for the Y500/Y400 which is an older model. Mod for the Y510p/Y410p is in this thread: http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/4668-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod.html

Newbie here, so bear with me... Apologies in advance for the long post, just want to be thorough...

After having some issues with my y400 recently, I performed a full system recovery. I ran and installed all relevant Windows updates, which included the upgrade to Windows 8.1. I also checked Lenovo support for all driver updates that applied. Here is where I run into a problem. It seems that I have the most recent BIOS update (v2.04), but not the most recent VBIOS (NVIDIA GeForce GT650M Second VGA BIOS Update for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y400, Y500). That said, when I try to install the new VBIOS, it doesn't take. A command window opens briefly and immediately closes, not allowing me to enter any commands, as the Lenovo instructions would have me do.... Then nothing happens. I've tried doing this numerous times with no success. I should also note that I keep getting pop up notifications in my task bar telling me Windows has disabled my GT650m, and/or "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered"... I'm at a loss. Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Here some additional info that may be relevant:

Device Manager showing only one display adapter- Intel HD Graphics 4000 missing:

post-35006-14494999815136_thumb.jpg

Display adapter properties:

post-35006-14494999815329_thumb.jpg

Thank you for reading through all of this... and feel free to ask for any addtonal info....

Newbie here, so bear with me... Apologies in advance for the long post, just want to be thorough...

After having some issues with my y400 recently, I performed a full system recovery. I ran and installed all relevant Windows updates, which included the upgrade to Windows 8.1. I also checked Lenovo support for all driver updates that applied. Here is where I run into a problem. It seems that I have the most recent BIOS update (v2.04), but not the most recent VBIOS (NVIDIA GeForce GT650M Second VGA BIOS Update for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y400, Y500). That said, when I try to install the new VBIOS, it doesn't take. A command window opens briefly and immediately closes, not allowing me to enter any commands, as the Lenovo instructions would have me do.... Then nothing happens. I've tried doing this numerous times with no success. I should also note that I keep getting pop up notifications in my task bar telling me Windows has disabled my GT650m, and/or "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered"... I'm at a loss. Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Here some additional info that may be relevant:

Device Manager showing only one display adapter- Intel HD Graphics 4000 missing:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14607[/ATTACH]

Display adapter properties:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14608[/ATTACH]

Thank you for reading through all of this... and feel free to ask for any addtonal info....

This has been my problem with my Y500. You can see my thread that I started on this , but I dont mind if we can find the solution here. For me my Ultrabay 650M works with the unlocked vbios but eventually stop responding as it is with JuneBug. I am wondering if it is a bug in the bios?

• 2 weeks later...

Y400/Y500 technically doesn't support internal graphics of the CPU.You can to turn on it in BIOS and you'll be noticed in AIDA64 about intel hd 4000 showing but in fact it doesn't work at all

anybody know if we can force the hd4000 intel igp and enable the hackintosh installation

This has been asked a million times already. ​iGPU is impossible to access.

No no idea about Hackintosh.

I own a y500 with g750m

have you tried starting fresh with fresh install then updating BIOS/drivers with lenovo website listed. Then applng svl7s mod? If you vBIOS keeps getting curropt. I had to send my laptop into lenovo for a new one because the mobo has a issue in its reg to wake the laptop when you close the laptop. Espically if your running 2mobo unlocked, it sounds like you have some curroption in .net runtime loaders. Even if your not OC the ultrabay or onboard. try using the tools on this site to help find solution for fix. Wagnard Tools

I know most of the errors come from the powerspecs required to the mainboard. make sure your powercord/battery are g2g when applying fixes. Flashing vBIOS over and over is only going to cause sys reg errors and problems. I recommend starting with fresh load, updating authenictic signed drivers, applying the new BIOS patch, then flashing the mod's for stability.

Kind of hard to help you out without more detail on the exact error your getting when it happening, and when it started to happen. Also did you purchase a 650gt ultra bay and have a 750gt onboard or do you have the older y500 version with the gt650 onboard. please list more specs, and errors : )

Hy,I'll make small offtopic,how to remove whitelist for Lenovo G510,I tried already with DIY egpu 1.30,whitelist is really stubborn,any modded ROM or way to remove whitelist so I can use egpu on mpcie

Poslano sa mog Micromax A310 koristeći Tapatalk