Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

i've been tryin to find the recovery for ages, seems like all the other 8.1 iso doesnt work on my laptop. do you still have the exact name of the file you downloaded? (or the torrent name?)

It's not a recovery with windows.I did a pure install from null with USB drive.Will fit any windows 8.1 iso single language to use your license.

i've been tryin to find the recovery for ages, seems like all the other 8.1 iso doesnt work on my laptop. do you still have the exact name of the file you downloaded? (or the torrent name?)

When I installed my OS again I put a windows 8 clean os into my usb and checked OEM install, that way it took the license from teh laptop itself.

I don't knwo if that is what you are asking.

sadly not all of us have credit cards. and we're just on the breaking point with frustration.. and we must make 5 posts to download the tools we need. I guess i won't be fixing my laptop tonight. I understand that the site owners need the money and stuff, but surely there must be a better way. My laptop (y500) boots with a blank screen without loading the BIOS and keeps restarting. Sadly enough, changing a setting in svl17's modded BIOS is what caused the issue. This laptop cost a fair amount and it's really fast.. but thanks to this guy's BIOS and my own laziness to "load setup defaults" I guess this laptop's busted.

I give up. but i gotta say, extorting money to download the only files that can fix the issue, is really LOW. Thanks techinferno. Let's hope I can make "5 quality posts" with my frustrated mind and weary body at 1am in the morning.

Update: I've made 5 quality posts and instead of adding to my post count, the mods are subtracting my posts. I made 12 quality posts and I had 3 credits. Now I have 2. This is bordering on totally unfair.

Updated my BIOS last night for my y500. Worked like a charm with no errors, and it was easy as pie. Now I cant wait to get my new wifi card so I can stop with the drops on that piece of crap centrino 2230. I don't have a lot of experience flashing bios and I have only ever done it with bios provided by the manufacturer so I was a bit nervous I was going to brick my laptop but it was smooth sailing.

Thanks svl7!!!!

When I try to back up my bios using CMD, I get the error message "The program or feature "\??\C:\Users\Tyler\Desktop\dos\fpt.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows" Is there a solution to this problem? Thank you.

When I try to back up my bios using CMD, I get the error message "The program or feature "\??\C:\Users\Tyler\Desktop\dos\fpt.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows" Is there a solution to this problem? Thank you.

Did you try it under compatibility mode?

svl7 this guide is great, except I am confused on how to get a modified bios file. I have all of the utilities downloaded, but I continue to get compatibility errors when I try to run them. Not sure what to do from here, can you help? I have a bootable usb drive ready.

• 2 weeks later...
Will the mod bios work with the original 2.04? I just want to make sure because the first post just say 2.02 and 2.03 :D

Yes, it will work fine with stock 2.04

Has anybody gotten this to work with U Series laptop (specifically U530 touch). Would like to confirm before paying for elite subscription to download files.

Ofc not. The mod is for IdeaPad Y500/Y400.

I'm thinking about undervolt cpu (and gpu?). With original bios, I cant change setting using intel xtu. Will I can using this modded bios? Or what tool should I use cause I read that undervolt using bios can cause system not boot?

i7-3630QM and 650M cannot be undervolted