[ISSUE] unlocked a12 BIOS for M17x R3

rcarlos243

I have a Samsung 30nm ram(YK0) 2x4gb and I tried to overclock it to bios but the only settings that seem to effect is the CL timming. The other(trcd, trp, tras) automatically get high number(15) even though I manually select value for it(10).

The option for running the memory speed in the bios(1866, 2133) also does not work.

The memory I am using uses a default voltage of 1.35 but under the bios, the lowest option is only (1.5).

Is it a BIOS specific issue or does alienware bios really suck?

The BIOS I am using is the unlocked a12 with SATA fix.

I havent tried any other BIOS as I immediately updated it as soon as I got it and I do not know how to downgrade it safely.

I would appreciate if someone could provide help or answers to the said issues

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Founder

Yeah custom timings don't seem to stick in the M18x either. As for the voltage, not too sure since they do adjust with the RAM I use.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah custom timings don't seem to stick in the M18x either. As for the voltage, not too sure since they do adjust with the RAM I use.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

That's a shame, I'm wondering if earlier bios version doesn't have this issue

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2