Gaming Headset

Unios

Question I am debating on getting a turtle beach and a razer headset. Which is better currently I've looked at the razer megalodon it looks and sounds like it's a great product and it seems like a fair deal for a headset around $100. But I've heard that turtle beach is pretty good as well. If you guys have a favorite gaming headset please share so I can look around more.

I like my turtle beach xp500, works great on both pc and xbox 360. I did have a get a sound blaster card with dolby digital live support. it gives 5.1 surround sound on the headset for the pc games. I have the fatal1ty titanium pro. It also has bluetooth on it so I can use it with my iphone at times. Overall i'm very happy with it, but it's kind of expensive.

I looked at skull candy, those headset looks nice. The one thing I dislike about wireless headset (or wireless anything) is that they require batteries. It just sucks after playing so long then all of a sudden the sound goes off.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought Steelseries Sibera V2 Arctic White (USB version) in December. I really like them. Most comfortable headphones I've used so far. Good sound quality. It has some software presets like gaming, entertainment, music etc. Gaming sound is great and even listening to music in these is a pleasure. In terms of playing music it is not as good as my Sennheiser HD555, but it's not far behind. Microphone quality is awesome. Everyone is saying they can hear me perfectly and much clearer than before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got Sennheiser PC350 myself and I'd buy it again if my model breaks. Love the sound precission in this one. Just remember that good headset won't make miracles until you learn how to use it.

I know someone with a Megalodon. The earcups are shallow, and if you have relatively larger ears this is a comfort problem. As for sound quality, directional audio is okay, although I was not impressed by the bass response. Also, take note that it is a USB headset. But as with anything Razer, the LED-lit control box is a cool touch and everything you need to adjust is done here without the need for software.

I personally use Logitech G35. Deep cups, good directional audio, good bass and treble and robust build. Weight may take a little getting used to. This is also a USB headset and adjustments are software based. Initially there was no equalizer, which has been already included in the past 2 driver releases. So make sure you download the newest Gaming Software if you get it.

The Logitech G930 is a great headset, allowing you to connect both wired or go wireless so you can move around a bit more without snagging a cable. The ear cups were very comfortable when I used it.

• 2 months later...

I recently bought a turtle beach gaming headset on sale for $35 ( was originally $70) and the sound quality compared to the cheaper logitech ones is superb. I Got the x32 one. Depends on how much you're looking to spend and how hardcore of a gamer you are. Remember though the sound card also effects the quality of audio as well. Keep that in mind also when purchasing.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought Steelseries Sibera V2 Arctic White (USB version) in December. I really like them. Most comfortable headphones I've used so far. Good sound quality. It has some software presets like gaming, entertainment, music etc. Gaming sound is great and even listening to music in these is a pleasure. In terms of playing music it is not as good as my Sennheiser HD555, but it's not far behind. Microphone quality is awesome. Everyone is saying they can hear me perfectly and much clearer than before.

THIS ^

Although I have the Plantronics Gamecom 780 as my primary headset (7.1 surround via dolby) and can also recommend them highly. Still, the Steelseries v2 is absolutely one of the best wearing headsets I've ever used. The audio is clear, the bass is punchy and the mic works beautifully. But, seriously, they are uber-comfortable. I have the v2 "Frost Blue" version but all that means is that they have some pretty blue lighting on the ear cups. The performance of the v2's is the same no matter the specific sub-version.

Sennheiser 350 + Sound card with 300 ohm or more Amp is the best combo if you have the money.

Otherwise, Siberia v2 are good.

5.1/7.1 virtual surround sound is overrated for games. Any game with directional audio will create an echo with Dolby 7.1.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

I am currently using a set of Plantronics Gamecom headphones for vent. I travel around with it as well and they have held up fairly well in my checked baggage (I still cushion them against twisting and such). The earcups are fairly good sized but I find that I am unable to wear them for more than about five hours before my ears start hurting. Pulling them up and then placing them back is enough to relieve the slight amount of stress. I've used others like the Skullcandy Hesh 2.0 and I prefer these plantronic ones.

I use a Razer Blackshark. It looks like a classic helicopter headset. The mic sounds good, very good isolation on the ear cups also. Very comfortable to wear. I wear it for hours without issues. The mic is removable which is a nice option. Sound is really clear but it is very bass heavy. The low frequency is very prominent on this one. I prefer a very balanced sound so I use a software EQ to tune it. As is though it is perfect for games and movies. Use some plugins to make your mic sound like a radio and it's pretty cool :)

I do agree with idea of Steel Series Siberia V2 (White). I had been using it for about two months. Its really is an awesome headset. Its design is really cool and its fits perfectly on head. Steel Series Siberia V2 , it rockzz....

Sennheiser PC series were the best gaming headsets I ever owned... unfortunately they don't make it easy sometimes sourcing replacement parts and the wire on the headset eventually broke off and it was not removable so i couldn't replace it. Honestly I'm considering just getting a standalone mic and audio headset setup.