Gaming Headset

Unios

I am using Razer 7.1 headset now.. cost me about £149 about 1.5 years ago.

I am not a sound expert but in my personal view, comparing with Beats Mixr the razer's one is a bit weak on bass and subwoofer, also Beats is more crystal clear especally on vocal.

How about using a Sony Gaming Headset, The DR-GA500. It has a 7.1 Surround Box which you can use and gives a 7.1 sound feel to the headset (eventhough not very a true (debatable) 7.1 surround. Im using right now and generally its superb.

Without the surround box, its stil very good and u can hear the frag rolling to you giving enough time to run!

I've been using the Logitech G35 for my laptop and I'm very impressed with them so far. The Mic quality and sound in game is fantastic... However, they aren't the best for music. I bought them on Amazon for ~$100. Although you can go with its wireless brother, G930

• 3 weeks later...

I had several headsets in the past (Steelseries, Logitech, Razer...) , and I'm currently using the Sennheiser PC 360 - it's a bit expensive, but the sound quality is really great, even compared to much more expensive Hifi headsets; Plus, the mic automatically switchs off when pulled up, which is very useful for online gaming!

As some others in the thread have mentioned, the Sennheiser PC360 headset is quite good and is what I use. It seems to be almost like one of their HD500 series headsets with a mic attached. Of course, you are going to pay for the quality, but it's worth it. The sound quality is great on my Asus Xonar Essence STX as well as the microphone is crisp and clear. You can pick them used off eBay for like $100.

I must say that performance of Cretive recon 3d with external audigy sound card is great. I would recommend it to everyone, it does not matter if you are PS/Xbox or PC gamer. And mic is also very good, sound is crisp and clear.

I've used my SteelSeries Siberia V2's for about a year now, and I still love them. Audio and mic quality are good, not amazing but sufficient for my needs. The mic can also be hidden so they look like a normal pair of headphones. I would say the main selling point is comfort: the ear padding is super soft and doesn't get too warm, and the head strap is amazing.

And I'll recommend something else - I am using their headset for some time now - It's really comfy, clear, loud and with it's own software.

Try searching for SoundBlaster Tactic3D either ALPHA, SIGMA or RAGE.

Thez are reallz, really good.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a logitech 930. It's a pretty solid wireless headset across the board, as stated by previous posters. But if the weight of the headset is a concern for you, don't get it. It is impossible for me to use this headset for an extended amount of time without feeling neck sore.

I love the G930. Sound quality is pretty good, but mostly I just find the wireless mobility so addictive. I really hate taking off my headset every time I get up, or getting caught up in the cables. It often goes on sale for less than $100 as well.

I'm using a Tritton AX 720 true 5.1 surround sound. It has a dolby decoder connected to a soundblaster x-fi pro 5.1 usb with Dolby Digital Live through SPDIF out.

Great headset, TRUE 5.1 and you can get on on ebay for $50.00 or less.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I'd avoid anything with the word "Gaming" in its name, you're probably better off getting an external microphone and some good headphones, more for your money I find, but then again, I'm using a webcam for my microsphone and I have a pair of audio-technica ATH-A700, fantastic headphones if a little on the higher end price range

I would highly recommend dedicated headphones from brands such as Sennheiser, Shure, Audio Technica and Grado for decent quality sound. Then you can use a dedicated Mic which will also be much higher quality than cheap headsets marketed at a ridiculous price due to brand and style.

If you really want an all in one, go for the Sennheiser PC series like the PC360.