Can't open the NVIDIA Control Panel when eGPU connected

kasten

When I try to open the NVIDIA Control Panel when my eGPU is connected I get "You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU". I am just using a eGPU for a 4 monitor setup which works fine other than everything is stuck rendering with the iGPU. How do I force a GPU to be used for rendering?

My system specs:post-9487-14494994227256_thumb.jpg

Prostar (Clevo based) P151EM1

CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM

Chipset: HM77

GPUs: GTX 670M(dGPU), Intel HD Graphics 4000(iGPU) and ATI HD4350(eGPU for more monitors)

OS: Windows 8 64bit (I have also tried Windows 7 64bit)

All 3 GPUs show in the device manager and show no errors.

• 1 month later...
I ran into this problem sort of, but was able to use the output of the egpu as an extended desktop card.

when you try to set resolution and monitor setup, does windows show more than 1 monitor?

Only 1 for me and the GPU it is using is the Intel 4000

Interestingly, I have this problem with my 8600GT (test card) in Windows 8 64 bit, but not Windows 7 64 bit,

As far as I can tell it's caused by Windows still seeing the dGPU and thus Nvidia control panel is getting confused.

Happens in Windows 7 and 8 for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have a dGPU, I just have the Intel card. (X220t)

FYI, If I don't use the hibernate->plug->unhibernate in 8, this happens over and over (the internal screen goes black and off)

Under Windows 7, I can boot with the dGPU plugged and it all works first time.

• 3 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.