Lenovo Y570 internal bits help

Thirteen

Hey guys,

just wanted to get some insite into the Y570 i owned. I want to rig up an e-gpu, but bit unsure if the y570 is upto the task. Ive never modded a laptop before, but built numerous desktops.

Would i be correct in in saying the wifi card is in the m-pcie slot ? I bougth this laptop 2nd hand so i didnt pick or chose the extras. Im pretty sure it didnt come with bluetooth either.

Cheers guys let me know

Yes, the wifi card is in the mini pcie slot, accessible by removing the bottom access door. Do a google search for "y570 hmm", and take a look at page 36 and 41 of the pdf (covers y470 and y570 models). Bluetooth is "on select models only" and would be located under the palm rest, which takes a bit more dis-assembly to access. There is a youtube video out there with someone running an egpu on a y460, so it should be do-able on your system.

Cheers for the reply. Ive been doing more and more research and think im getting close to my answers.

Ive pulled the Intel Wifi card and tried it in the M-Sata but didnt pick it up, so what im interested to know is, because i want to keep my Wifi for when i goto Portable with the laptop, but also run e-gpu at home. Is there anyway to keep the Intel Wifi card working in another location, or is it a case of getting a USB Wifi dongle, as i want to keep the e-gpu in. I only need portablility a few days a week, but i do require wifi access when i go portable.