Y500 Disassembled (Pictures)

n1smo

They have fixed the issue of the touch-pad from the IC section of the board, so the general physical appearance should be the same and it does not affect the disassembling process!

In general the new version vs old version makes no difference in the assembly! I hope it helps!

Does it support intel wireless AC 7620 ? I need to change mine.

Yes, with modded BIOS

- - - Updated - - -

This is fantastic! I'm assuming the 510 isn't "that" much different from the 500 correct? I've been terrified to break my laptop down past taking out the RAM, hard drive, etc.

The build is identical

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Mine doesnt have tape as well, so I'm assuming there is no way for them to tell you opened it. However since your has a broken pin only on the ultra bay, I dont think they could tell how it happened as long as it is on the connector to the ultra bay.

I don't believe it has an inverter. I didn't see anything in the y500 that had an inverter, nor any new laptops for that matter. flickering could be board, I would try to find another screen to test with before I would order one. Or you can order one from someone who has a return policy to be safe.

No, you just have to be careful not to bend the pin. Easiest way for me to remove it was use a small spatula or flat head under the round ring and it pops off. Then you just line it up on the new card and it should pop on. I don't know if switching the black and white make a difference though.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Founder
13 hours ago, th3xeroeagle said:

anyone know how to remove a screw that keeps turning in place on this ? the on the the top right corner wont get out i even tried pliers so i had to break the panel 

Drill out the top part of the screw and then use pliers to grab the rest. Be careful not to let metal pieces remain anywhere near your motherboard and other components.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the pictures n1smo, For what ever reason I always thought disassembling a laptop would be hard, but as you have shown its actually really easy. My hard drive is starting to die and I also want to change out my WiFi card. So I'll be needing to change both of them out, which is such a easy process.

On 1/10/2016 at 1:13 PM, th3xeroeagle said:

anyone know how to remove a screw that keeps turning in place on this ? the on the the top right corner wont get out i even tried pliers so i had to break the panel 

Remove all other screws, and pop the bottom cover off all except for that corner. Then pull up on the corner firmly, and try unscrewing it. The damn sockets for the screws on the rear of the laptop are not properly secured and will break loose. I've tried regluing it several times and it keeps snapping loose. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...