GTX 680m core clock speed

steepgnomeking

is this when you are running a game? bench mark or any other GPU intensive task or just at idle? because if it is idling it will downclock as far as it can go. and if that is not the case try heading over to the kepler VBIOS overclocking thread and try a custom VBIOS or ask svl7 He basically runs the laptop scene on this site so he can definitely help. :)

Silly simple stupid question, but are you sure that those games/benchmarks are set to use the dedicated GPU in the nVidia Control Panel? Also, make sure you're on "high performance" setting and not "balanced" or "power saving" and not on battery.

Hey i just got a new laptop with a 680m and the core clock is not going above 180Mhz no matter what. Ive tried different drivers different power states nothing seems to fix this. Any help would be great thanks.

That is usually the stupid power saving features which have a mind of there own. Try going into your "Nvidia control panel" - "Manage 3d settings" - go to "power management mode" and select "prefer maximum performance" instead of "adaptive" and reboot!! Try that to see if its the power saving crap OR problem with the GPU. . **Be aware that doing this also keeps your GPU,s clocked at a higher speed even at idle, they do not drop to 135-300mhz like they normally would on adaptive** GL

• Thumbs Up 1

I got help from someone that said my vbios had a uefi mode bug and gave me another one to install its just im having trouble getting a bootable usb because whenever i use the programs for it and restart i get to the boot menu and select it and the screen goes blank than it just starts up normally

• 2 weeks later...
I got help from someone that said my vbios had a uefi mode bug and gave me another one to install its just im having trouble getting a bootable usb because whenever i use the programs for it and restart i get to the boot menu and select it and the screen goes blank than it just starts up normally

You need to temporarily disable the Win8/secureboot in the BIOS to be able to boot from a regular/non GPT formated USB stick.

And YES, the P370EMx & P570WMx require a GTX680M vBIOS update to version 80.04.67.00.01 in order to work properly in Win8 UEFI/secureboot mode.

DON'T USE THIS UPDATE ON ANY OTHER CLEVO MODEL AS IT WILL CREATE BOOTING PROBLEMS UP TO THE POINT WHERE THE SYSTEM IS STUCK IN A SEMI-BRICKED CONDITION.

GTX680M_80.04.67.00.01_P570WMx_P370EMx.zip

• 5 months later...

Right mouse click on the exe file you want to run and then choose to run it with nvidia video cards. For ati's cards go to CCC and control that powerplay is actived and set to "performance". Then again right click on the exe you want to run and...

cheers