Asus G75VW Bios version 222 Issues

jcjtec

Just updated by G75VW and I think she got bricked... anyone else having this issue? I am stuck in Bios Boot and i cant even get Dos to work off a USB drive. It Detects it and i can go into Easy Flash and try to load older Bios but i get the Error of Bios being outdated.

Anyone have any recommendation before i send this back to Asus?

Thanks in advance

Did you try the recovery method? I'm not sure about the key combo for your system, but it should work something like this: Press and hold Ctrl+home, then the power button, keep it all pressed and wait until the recovery loads.

In case you completely erased your drive you might also need to use an USB stick with the bios you want to flash.

I had this problem 2 days after i bough my G75VW, once Bios updated (using winflash) and rebooting= black screen + Mobo kaput. Had to replace it with a new one. The best option is to use easyflash, but i confirm, many people got the same problem when updating this bios.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this happen to 2 g75vws but only one had I updated the BIOS on. Even then it didn't die until I changed the boot method from CSM back to Fastboot (UEFI). Asus told me to send the last one in after their (hold the power button for 2mins with no power connected and battery out) fix didn't work. I'm quite sure this is a very bad bios bug somewhere in the code.

well the BIOS 223 is out that might help if it was to be modded. I did see quite a few people say there flash was corrupted. but most of these people used winflash They should boot into the bios menu and use easy flash instead

"Fix the bug that there is 3D function-less of samsungpanel." that's the fix but who knows if it helps with anything else

• 3 months later...
Hello,

did you try this : security / secure boot control > disabled.

i tried this one but didnt helped. the only thing that is bootable is my usb stick with the bios 223 on it. but the hdd and odd doesnt show up. but when you check sata configuration all the hdd and odd are there