As requested by @data2318 - Lenovo Z580 bios with wireless card check removed.

Grab this tool, put the bios in the same folder and run the included .bat file to flash. As I don't have a Z580 myself I need someone to confirm that the wlan check is removed. Report back when you flash.

Lenovo Z580 - no Wlan whitelist [TEST].zip

• Thumbs Up 6

Grab this tool, put the bios in the same folder and run the included .bat file to flash. As I don't have a Z580 myself I need someone to confirm that the wlan check is removed. Report back when you flash.

For some reason the forum did not allow me to download the files. Have trying for days but the webpage keep displaying "you do not have permission to access this page"..Would it be possible that you send it to my email instead please?

I tested it and the white list is still there: "Unauthorized wireless network card is plugged in. Power off and remove it".

I tested it and the white list is still there: "Unauthorized wireless network card is plugged in. Power off and remove it".

Slv7: Haven't seen any side effects after the flash yet, so the strings deleted are just some random useless stuffs Lenovo put there as a disguise to the whitelist?

Seems I missed something. I did some changes, grab the updated file in the first post and let me know.

Seems I missed something. I did some changes, grab the updated file in the first post and let me know.

Just tested it, and again, not working.

Slv7: I noticed that if the card is inserted after BIOS passed with the original card, then device manager will see the wireless card, so the whitelist check is the only thing blocking the wireless card.

I sure would appreciate this whitelist removal, if you could figure it out. I am in agony

Hello guys sorry for opening this dead thread again but is it a problem to flash under windows 8 because it always shows "bad platform". But i dont know if it is because my bios platform or my windows platform ?

Would this work with the y400/y500 series? Or only for Z580? This would be great if it did work across multiple laptops. Thanks!

whitelist not removed and my Z580 started to freak out I had to update the bios to return to normal :culpability:

actually im looking for a unlocked bios that could able me to use only my GT 635m instead of optimus, is it possible?

Would this work with the y400/y500 series? Or only for Z580? This would be great if it did work across multiple laptops. Thanks!

Would be interesting to get an assessment of whether it works for the y-series. Would be nice!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By svl7
      As it got pretty difficult for me to keep track of all the mod requests I decided to make a separate thread for bios / vbios modification requests. I hope it will make it easier for me to fulfill as many requests as possible.
      If you want to request a mod make sure you read through the following guidelines / rules, posts that do not comply with them will be deleted without further notice.
      Rules:
      You need to have a minimum of five approved posts (or 'T|I elite' status) in order to request a mod. Make sure I didn't already modify the corresponding bios / vbios. When posting a request you agree to flash and test the mod once it's done and post some feedback. (If you don't plan on using the mod then don't bother posting.) I only modify stock firmware. I don't work on anything that has already been tampered with.
      . For BIOS mods I need a link to an original BIOS update directly from the vendor (no mirror link) and most likely a dump of your BIOS (see instructions below).
      I only work on the latest BIOS versions unless there's a very specific reason for using an older one (in this case you need to specify so).
      In addition to this I need a dump of your BIOS as well as some additional information, read the "BIOS backup" section below, provide all the specified files.
      . For VBIOS mods I need a copy of your original vbios. (Only as attachment in a post here or per link to cloud storage such as dropbox, gdrive etc. per PM, filehosters are not accepted). No custom GPU clock requests unless it is for some reason not possible to overclock the corresponding system / GPU per software. No Windows activation mods. Check MDL for this kind of request. I can't guarantee that I will be able to fulfill a request.
      While I will try to keep it fair and consider the order of the requests at least up to a certain degree I will generally work on what I want and feel up to. Popular requests might be treated with higher priority.
      BIOS backup:
      For Intel 7 series chipsets run the attached flashChk tool from DOS and post the created flashchk.bin file (as attachment).
      Also grab this tool, run the backup.bat and send me created file. You will need to run it as administrator. If it reports and issue with the PCIe driver you have a crappy AV software and need to disable it temporarily.
      If you don't use Windows let me know and I will provide a different tool.
      For systems using the 8 series chipsets run the attached flashChk tool from DOS and post the created flashchk.bin file (as attachment) and wait for further instructions.
      - Thread under construction, more information will be added -
      flashChk.zip
      Fptw64_(8_series).zip
      Fpt_DOS_(8_series).zip
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad T450s.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

CH341A programmer:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Programmer-CH341A-Series-Burner-Chip-24-EEPROM-BIOS-Writer-25-SPI-Flash-AU/153117073868?epid=577511738&hash=item23a67d21cc:g:XKEAAOSw5UdbW-iL

https://www.amazon.com/Parts-tower-CH341A-Programmer-Software/dp/B01FVVHCVC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1522179315&sr=8-4&keywords=ch341a&dpID=51BO7eGgO5L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

SOIC8/SOP8 test clip:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soic8-Sop8-Flash-Chip-Ic-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-Bios-24-25-93-Programmer/201414947737?hash=item2ee5443399:g:up8AAOSw1Fda8qkt

https://www.amazon.ca/MAUSAN-Socket-Adapter-150MIL-205MIL/dp/B06ZYSNJF3/ref=pd_sbs_21_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XM79QJWGED6B4K2VEZDJ

How to use it:

Also, you can search on YouTube a lot of guide for CH341a.

• By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.