M15x And Nvidia GTX670M Throttling Problems

EleJota

I installed a Dell 670M card from laptopmonkey the performance is fine but I get intermittent throttling when passing from 70ºc have stoppages in games.

I using the last nvidia drivers 310.70, stealth mode are off and the power plan are put on hight power.

i buy the new 240w PSU original Dell and continue the vga Throttling problems... i try to run MSI Afterburner for undervolt my 670m and the option of manage the voltage (core voltage) are allways off

I think the unique option are mod a vbios but i no have idea to mod.

post-9007-14494994155457_thumb.jpg

Playing any game example farcry3 have throttles i add the log.

http://www.laser-arts.com/GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt

Dump of vbios NV670M:

http://www.laser-arts.com/670M.ROM

It's normal that the card throttles during furmark. I need to know how it behaves in a game. Can you record a log file?

Also, don't use furmark if you want to have your card in a working condition.

• Thumbs Up 1

Your voltage is currently at 0.85v, the only lower value is 0.80v... if you want, I can make a vbios at that voltage, but I really think it won't be stable at all.

In case you overclocked your cpu you should try it again without overclocking it. Also your temps are rather on the high side.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

svl7 i change all themalpads of my system but i have a question ¿have to put theermal pad in these areas where it appears in the photo the red arrow?

do I have bought thermalpads 0.5 mm phobia (contact done well for condensers and memory modules) I've seen that if I put there those thermalpads don't contact already that are not as too wide, I need to buy another thermalpad wider? from 5 mm?

post-9007-14494994224852_thumb.jpg