Fresh win 8 install missing pci express driver

cwiggy78

Hi. Just done fresh windows 8 install on my new m18x r2 onto a new ssd hard drive. I've managed to install most of the drivers but can't seem to find the right drivers for the pci express slot and its showing up in device manager with a yellow exclamation mark - no drivers. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've been on dell driver site under win 8 and it wasnt there.

thanks in advance

chris (cwiggy78)

I believe it is the free fall sensor. ST Microelectronics LNG3DM Free Fall Sensor, seems to be ACPI\SMO8810

You are correct.

I came across this myself with a fresh win 7 install yesterday

Sent from my ISW11SC using Tapatalk 2

Hi

Yep u are correct. Funny thing is it extracted fine to my computer but would throw an error at me when the installer auto ran saying I didn't have a supported o/s. so I went into the properties within device manager and pointed it to scan for drivers to where the files were extracted and it picked them up fine.