[M14x R2] A10 BIOS - Fixes UEFI issues with the Nvidia card

m15chief

i have the official (not yet released) a10 bios to fix the nvidia problem on the m14x r2, happy to post it but limited by the crazy restrictions on here for new members. Can one of the mods PM me and i'll email a copy for general distribution

I already have a copy of it. Haven't had time to look at it so far, but I guess the updated the vbios. No idea why it isn't on the Dell site / ftp yet.

You should be able to post attachements as far as I know.

Hmm ok, this needs checking.

Anyways, A10 includes some nice changes, it comes with new SATA drivers, latest Intel IRST option rom, some more updated drivers, apparently some changes for the graphics driver at boot and also some fixes in the setup utility.

Makes me wonder why Dell doesn't upload this. Also why they don't include the latest IRST orom in the M17x R4 / M18x R2 bios...

It was emailed through dell uk support after a threat to request a full refund. Apparently US support still deny its existence.

Worked fine for me with one minor exception. I was using the msata for the OS. After the flash the msata wasnt recognised. I went into the bios and changed raid back to ahci and it booted fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Installed all the latest irst drivers, on boot i still get in the top rt corner "chexking media [fail] then it boits into windows (8)

Any other suggestions? This has only been since bios a10

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...