220 watts AC adapter for MSI GT60/70

omega939

~GX660® Owner's Lounge~ - Page 286

check

that's only CPU pushed to the limits

furmark tested now [only furmark] with little OC 785/1050 temp under 85C - short test

almost 160W on the wall

then you can combine both and you can easily can get in normal usage 180-200W

150W delta can handle to max 165-175W - then no good for XM

• 3 weeks later...

Question, I have a GT 60 with a i7 3720qm 3.60ghz max and gtx 680m oc, delta 180watts, i post recently my problem, could be not enought my power supply?, because i burned 2 times my gtx680m, i dont want to waste money in a new one,only if the problem is the power supply, the 2 times that happens im was gaming

Could be?, because that may cause minimal a fail game play, but all games run really good and i test it a week, temperatures are about 65 to 90, and i dont ov the 680m, my nb stuck and when i reboot, my 680m dies, is the second time, i think could be something causing a short circuit,(forgot to say that i use the drivers from nvidia.es)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
is it fact,? that the GT70 have no Problems with a moddified Dell 220-240Watt PSU

Since I started this thread, I want to tell you that I am now using a dell 240 watts psu. The power it gives to my msi gt60 is far superior than the stock 180watts it came with. I have a modified ov vbios for my 680m (with 1.025volts) plus the fact that I can fiddle the fsb speed up to 105fsb.

I also manage to put a 2920xm to it and gained and oc speed of up to 4.2 gigahertz. I am now thinking if I will get a 300watts (19.5volts x 15.4 = 300watts) dell adapter. It has the same specs of a 240watts dell (19.5volts x 12.3=240watts) though. Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

Since I started this thread, I want to tell you that I am now using a dell 240 watts psu. The power it gives to my msi gt60 is far superior than the stock 180watts it came with. I have a modified ov vbios for my 680m (with 1.025volts) plus the fact that I can fiddle the fsb speed up to 105fsb.

I also manage to put a 2920xm to it and gained and oc speed of up to 4.2 gigahertz. I am now thinking if I will get a 300watts (19.5volts x 15.4 = 300watts) dell adapter. It has the same specs of a 240watts dell (19.5volts x 12.3=240watts) though. Cheers

I have a 240W and was getting shutdowns with the CPU at 4.3ghz and gpu at 1V 954mhz. I'm thinking that you will occasionally get shutdowns as well with a 240W. I recently got a 330W m18x PSU and everything is fine now.

19.5V is close enough to 19V that is does not matter. I suppose it's possible for a PSU to be significantly overspec and be an issue, but my 240W PSU is 19.48V unloaded, and the 330W is 19.58V unloaded, which are within 5% of 19V.

I have a 240W and was getting shutdowns with the CPU at 4.3ghz and gpu at 1V 954mhz. I'm thinking that you will occasionally get shutdowns as well with a 240W. I recently got a 330W m18x PSU and everything is fine now

@Khenglish

You're wicked dude lol.. having a 330 watts will gain access to thy kingdom come OC. Mine is fine at 240 watts and does not shut down at 4.2ghz. but at 4.3 you are right. still I need to balance between oc'ing and heat since msi nb have single fan solution though.

@Khenglish

You're wicked dude lol.. having a 330 watts will gain access to thy kingdom come OC. Mine is fine at 240 watts and does not shut down at 4.2ghz. but at 4.3 you are right. still I need to balance between oc'ing and heat since msi nb have single fan solution though.

Yeah I don't get how a single fan can cool 2 aluminum radiators. The P150/170 CPU fan isn't very big, but the GPU fan is.

Yeah I don't get how a single fan can cool 2 aluminum radiators. The P150/170 CPU fan isn't very big, but the GPU fan is.

It's a heavy duty fan and it can cool both gpu and cpu though. just try to balance oc both gpu or cpu. Btw .. the heatpipes and fins are copper

• 1 month later...
I saw this 220 watts on delta electronics inc. Same manufacturer with the original ac adapters for MSI GT 60/70 series...

180watts

Welcome to Delta Electronics, Inc. - Power Management

220 watts

Welcome to Delta Electronics, Inc. - Power Management

Question.. If i want to upgrade my mobile cpu to Extreme series.. Is the 220 watts sufficient? Because my gpu now is 680M. And is this adapter compatible with the NB? I can see same specs though .. Only there's a slight difference in Output rating.. 12v/15a (180watts) vs 12v/18.3a(220watts) plus the connector is atx for 220watts is there a converter for this one?

Sorry for this noob question... Thanks

get yourself a dell 240w psu. no need to mod it. just buy this adaptor X75 Power Connector - 7.4 x 5.08mm Female Jack to 5.5 x 2.5mm Male Plug

• Thumbs Up 2