M18x release date guessing game

Brian

• Founder

Well since Frank Azor didn't give us a concrete release date, what's your best guess? I spoke to a guy I know at Dell via PM and he told me it's either 5-11 or 5-15 and that the release date is always a moving target.

• Founder
hopefully its soon, still trying to decide between keeping the r3 or the M18x just cause of build quality.

Sell the R3 and get the M18x. Way better build quality, more features, bigger screen, double the performance, overclocking, IGP support..it just destroys an R3. R3's only advantage is weight.

Yes like Michael said probably the end of May and as always (just like Stamatisx said) they will be fashionably late, but that's not cool!

I am in shock to see that UK and a few other countries have had the M18X for over a week now and still nothing for the USA. I guess that's the new way AW is getting products out since it also happened with the R3.

Not so much available as has popped up on the configuration page then disappeared. I don't think it's actually out anywhere, anyone else correct me if I'm wrong.

• Founder

Yeah it's not available anywhere yet but my guess is when it does go live, Europe will see it first on their pages and the USA last.

• Founder
Oh I had not realized they took it away but I agree with Brian, the USA will see it last and I find this not fair since we represent most of AW sales.

It's usually a few hours difference to a max of one day. At least we don't get screwed with the price like they do. :D

• Founder

Precision M6600 is due for release May 10th worldwide. This means we might see M18x on May 10th or 11th. Like I said before, a Dell employee told me either May 11th or 15th. So 2 weeks and hopefully we can start ordering.

I have always loved the look of the precision 17 line of lappys. They kinda get me a bit hot. If I could get one with crossfire/sli I would just die.

An 1120sp HD6970 in a precision m6600 would actually be kind of a beast TBH. Or even a 485m I guess. Depends if the 6600 has thunderbolt or expressport 2.0 connection on it.

Anyway, ignore my rambles. I just want a new lappy already that doesnt have sata issues.

-Ash

• Founder

If there was a precision with 1120 shader 6970M that was cooled well enough (precision usually has weaksauce cooling) I'd jump on it.

The only thing that precision had that appealed to me was it's fancy optional IPS RGB LED screen which is a nice feature. The 4GB Nvidia 5510M sets this beast apart from it's other Mobile counterparts.

Edited by mw86
I forgot the best part.